Crisis Core FF13

#51ValorZraykPosted 2/17/2013 9:54:14 PM
@officefan

You (almost) never had to guess your way through the LB, because 99 times out of 100 the next weapon tier/magic/ect. was right next to the previous. Weapons are different only by name in X a sword with stonetouch is identical to a rod with stonetouch.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#52theofficefan99Posted 2/17/2013 9:58:36 PM
lamerhater posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

As I said, despite this, there is no reason as to why I shouldn't have everyone in my party equip the best weapon. There is no reason to restrict myself. Actually making my party members unique means restricting myself in the process. Why would I make a character a White Mage when I can have all of my characters learn all of the abilities of a White Mage? Why would I only have one character be a sword user when the best weapon available is a sword and everyone can use it with minimal differences in terms of statistics?

Forcing one character to be the only summoner would be purposely limiting myself. Why the hell would I do that? If I want to have access to Espers at all times, why would I make just one pers...

The reason you ...

I know what you're saying, and I know that each character obviously starts off with a certain weapon, but that's not really fixing anything at all. When you come across one clear best gear/weapon, everyone can equip it with minimal differences in terms of stats. It's the absolute best weapon, so why would you not equip it? It's the best shield and everyone can equip it, so why would you not equip it?

*sigh* The game is much, much more partial towards blades/spears. Just look at the optional weapons. Demonsbane, Excalibur, Deathbringer, Zodiac Spear, Masamune, etc. etc. etc. Everyone is damn powerful with these weapons. Why would you not equip one of these weapons on one of your characters, even if certain characters handle swords better? If you don't, you are just limiting yourself. When you come across something that is by far and away the best gear/weapon at that point, why would you restrict yourself to one type of "job/class" and weapon?

I never said I was spamming Espers. I used it as a counter to your post saying that you can make someone your summoner, saying that that's severely limiting yourself and that's a stupid idea in the first place. Ethers are not common at all, even with stealing. Potions and whatnot are certainly much easier to come by, wouldn't you agree? That's my point. Until the secret merchant in the Necrohol, ethers are hard to find. You don't need to steal and go through other methods in order to obtain potions, do you?

It is a bad thing because these are pre-determined characters and the game should be doing much more to make them unique. See, with other Final Fantasy games, such as X, you can still learn everything that other characters can learn, but there are specific Overdrives and weapons for each party member, only Yuna can summon Aeons, and each characters' stats are largely different. It's the perfect balance between restriction and freedom. There are pre-determined characters, so there should be some form of "restriction" to show how unique they are. XII has nothing other than stats and Mist attacks, and the stats do not do much, considering that you can still equip any type of weapon and there are many instances where there is a weapon that is by far the best thing you have encountered thus far and there is no reason to not equip it. Things like armors, skills, magick, technicks, etc. etc. are also not limited to any character in any way. The characters are not unique enough to be predetermined. In my opinion, at least. With the other issues, the whole guessing thing and having to buy and find everything (tedium), I'd say those are 100% legitimate flaws with the board. I guess some are okay with blank slates, but I'm definitely not okay with it, considering that these are pre-determined characters that aren't unique enough.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#53theofficefan99Posted 2/17/2013 10:01:16 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
@officefan

You (almost) never had to guess your way through the LB, because 99 times out of 100 the next weapon tier/magic/ect. was right next to the previous. Weapons are different only by name in X a sword with stonetouch is identical to a rod with stonetouch.

Uh yeah a tier is not good enough, as I have stated before. If you want a specific spell or what have you, you still need to guess your way through it. If you want a specific weapon, you still need to guess your way through. Tiers are not good enough. And you obviously need to spend a fair amount of LP early on figuring out what the tiers and sections are in the first place.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#54dils-dPosted 2/17/2013 10:14:09 PM
I think I'll have to go with Mr. Office here. There is no advantage whatsoever in not getting the next upgrade, and the game should be able to make the gameplay interesting without relying on the players to understand that they need to stop advancing their characters to enjoy it.
---
Roses are red, rings are of gold
Get on your knees and do as you're told
#55lamerhaterPosted 2/18/2013 6:46:11 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I know what you're saying, and I know that each character obviously starts off with a certain weapon, but that's not really fixing anything at all. When you come across one clear best gear/weapon, everyone can equip it with minimal differences in terms of stats. It's the absolute best weapon, so why would you not equip it? It's the best shield and everyone can equip it, so why would you not equip it?

*sigh* The game is much, much more partial towards blades/spears. Just look at the optional weapons. Demonsbane, Excalibur, Deathbringer, Zodiac Spear, Masamune, etc. etc. etc. Everyone is damn powerful with these weapons. Why would you not equip one of these weapons on one of your characters, even if certain characters handle swords better? If you don't, you are just limiting yourself. When you come across something that is by far and away the best gear/weapon at that point, why would you restrict yourself to one type of "job/class" and weapon?

I never said I was spamming Espers. I used it as a counter to your post saying that you can make someone your summoner, saying that that's severely limiting yourself and that's a stupid idea in the first place. Ethers are not common at all, even with stealing. Potions and whatnot are certainly much easier to come by, wouldn't you agree? That's my point. Until the secret merchant in the Necrohol, ethers are hard to find. You don't need to steal and go through other methods in order to obtain potions, do you?

It is a bad thing because these are pre-determined characters and the game should be doing much more to make them unique. See, with other Final Fantasy games, such as X, you can still learn everything that other characters can learn, but there are specific Overdrives and weapons for each party member, only Yuna can summon Aeons, and each characters' stats are largely different. It's the perfect balance between restriction and freedom. There are pre-determined characters, so there should be some form of "restriction" to show how unique they are. XII has nothing other than stats and Mist attacks, and the stats do not do much, considering that you can still equip any type of weapon and there are many instances where there is a weapon that is by far the best thing you have encountered thus far and there is no reason to not equip it. Things like armors, skills, magick, technicks, etc. etc. are also not limited to any character in any way. The characters are not unique enough to be predetermined. In my opinion, at least. With the other issues, the whole guessing thing and having to buy and find everything (tedium), I'd say those are 100% legitimate flaws with the board. I guess some are okay with blank slates, but I'm definitely not okay with it, considering that these are pre-determined characters that aren't unique enough.

You kind of ignored my biggest point for like the fourth time now. Each character has a weapon preference as denoted by their stats and their attack animations. Finding "the best weapon" is subjective because the game automatically gives you weapons of every tier all at once unless you go out of your way to acquire the end-game weapons. You're just being stupid if you give everybody a greatsword, and you'll notice that half your party is suddenly dealing literally no damage as a result of it.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#56Nuck-chorrisPosted 2/18/2013 6:49:36 AM
TC, thats exactly the direction this game is taking. Crisis Core like gameplay. Just with different gameplay mechanics and story.
---
When i fall in the water, i dont get wet. Water gets me. SE's loss sales pleases me, Maybe they'll start hearing the fans for once.......who am I kidding ?