First FF game? Should this be it?

#1ClassyCanadianPosted 2/18/2013 11:30:29 AM
Hey, my bf wants me to get into the FF series, says its an easy series to get into and appeals to ppl that aren't hardcore gamers, will I like this? My only real experience with gaming was Mario and Pokemon when I was younger and a bit of Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are my favs). Should I start with this game? When is it coming out? Or do I need to go back to the previous games to understand it?
#2marcBookPosted 2/18/2013 11:32:26 AM
Start with any FF but the sequels.
---
"The whole building's coming down!"
"This isn't good!!!" YOU THINK!?
#3hyro56Posted 2/18/2013 11:32:40 AM
Since you're a Nintendo fanboy I'd start with the SNES titles. Work your way up from there. The Lightning Saga doesn't give a proper representation of what Final Fantasy is capable of.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#4ExtremeLightPosted 2/18/2013 11:33:06 AM
ClassyCanadian posted...
Hey, my bf wants me to get into the FF series, says its an easy series to get into and appeals to ppl that aren't hardcore gamers, will I like this? My only real experience with gaming was Mario and Pokemon when I was younger and a bit of Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are my favs). Should I start with this game? When is it coming out? Or do I need to go back to the previous games to understand it?

No no. You should play 13. This is a trilogy. If you have a ps2 or a BC ps3 then I recommend ffx and xii. This game is in development and is the sequel to 13-2 which is the sequel to 13.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#5MesmerilPosted 2/18/2013 11:33:49 AM
It's your choice, though if you want to start with this game, I suggest you play Final Fantasy XIII, then XIII-2 to understand this game. However; if you are okay with bad graphics, you can start from any of the series as they are not connected at all.

Also, welcome to the series!
#6ClassyCanadian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 12:23:28 PM
hyro56 posted...
Since you're a Nintendo fanboy I'd start with the SNES titles. Work your way up from there. The Lightning Saga doesn't give a proper representation of what Final Fantasy is capable of.

Woah woah woah, I am NOT a fanboy! I'm just not a hardcore gamer, and it happens that I've mostly played Nintendo games. Most of the non-Nintendo games don't really appeal as much to me (Cod, Halo, etc) but I'm not big on gaming so IDK lol

marcBook posted...
Start with any FF but the sequels.

So start with FF1? What console is that on?

ExtremeLight posted...
No no. You should play 13. This is a trilogy. If you have a ps2 or a BC ps3 then I recommend ffx and xii. This game is in development and is the sequel to 13-2 which is the sequel to 13.

Hmm, so play FF13 first? I don't have a PS2, sorry :(

Mesmeril posted...
It's your choice, though if you want to start with this game, I suggest you play Final Fantasy XIII, then XIII-2 to understand this game. However; if you are okay with bad graphics, you can start from any of the series as they are not connected at all.

Also, welcome to the series!

Thanks! I'm glad to see that you FF guys are really nice. How bad are the graphics in the other games? Are we talking Pokemon on the Game Boy graphics?
#7DarkKnightCessiPosted 2/18/2013 12:53:13 PM
I would start with 7 or 9. If you don't mind snes graphics, 4-6 would be great choices too. 13 and 10 are more linear than the other FFs. If you like that go with one of those.
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#8ragnarokiusPosted 2/18/2013 1:33:53 PM
A provisional asking if this should be their first FF?

No sir, I don't like it.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#9hyro56Posted 2/18/2013 1:42:47 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight is extremely inept. Ignore him.

Take my advice and play the older Final Fantasies first. They were released on the SNES. Work your way up from there. I implore you not to begin your FF experience by playing Final Fantasy XIII first. Play it later down the road after you have played through the eariler FFs.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#10ExtremeLightPosted 2/18/2013 1:40:39 PM
hyro56 posted...
ExtremeLight is extremely inept. Ignore him.

Take my advice and play the older Final Fantasies first. We were released on the SNES. Work your way up from there. I implore you not to begin your FF experience by playing Final Fantasy XIII first. Play it later down the road after you have played through the eariler FFs.

It doesn't even matter where you start though.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!