Agni's Philosophy will be about.

#1MesmerilPosted 2/19/2013 7:04:43 PM
A woman age 19-21 who was taken in by a cult leader when she was a child after her parents were killed during the a war that erupted due to Tradition vs New Tradition.

The Old Tradition were known as the Ancients.

She was trained in the art of magic and necromancy by the cult. Another faction that opposed the cult's beliefs started to kill off the members around the world because it was against the New Tradition.

Years later, the cult hides in the metropolis of New Tradition while practicing dark magic secretly within a chamber in a broken down town of the Old Tradition on the outskirts of the New Tradition city. However; one day, the New Trads attack the cult's remaining members as they are about to summon Bahamut, one of the many gods worshipped in the Old Tradition and the Grandmaster is killed. He entrusts Agni with the last piece of the final spell that would give their freedom back.

She barely escapes after Bahamut is prematurely called, which causes him to not be at full strength. She sets off back into the city to her apartment complex, changes into her casual clothes and lives her day in hiding. But they find her location as she is the last of the Ancients, there her journey begins.

Please criticize all you want, it just came off the top of my head. Some parts don't connect because I just typed.
#2Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 2/19/2013 7:15:11 PM
Im stunned. That sound pretty legit. I love that theory where shes hides in that city in other clothes n stuff. Lol, if we all team up we could make a better story for FF than the overrated Toriyama. Toriyama fanboys owned! Even regular gamefaqs users can write a better plot than big T lol.
---
- 'You load 16 tons of GameFaqs users and whaddaya get?' - Im da elevator guy in gangnam style.
#3EscaSyraPosted 2/19/2013 7:16:48 PM
I hope Agni's Philosophy comes with a datalog if it follows your story.
#4ExtremeLightPosted 2/19/2013 7:17:17 PM
Do you work for SE? LOL.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#5Mesmeril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:18:05 PM
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
Im stunned. That sound pretty legit. I love that theory where shes hides in that city in other clothes n stuff. Lol, if we all team up we could make a better story for FF than the overrated Toriyama. Toriyama fanboys owned! Even regular gamefaqs users can write a better plot than big T lol.

Haha, I'm pleased to hear that. Unfortunately, this idea is probably going to end up in the Fanfiction pile somewhere. Anyways, I hope FFXV or Agni's Philosphy (if they're making it into a real game) has a better story than what we've seen of Toriyama.
#6Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 2/19/2013 7:27:43 PM
Mesmeril posted...
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...

Haha, I'm pleased to hear that. Unfortunately, this idea is probably going to end up in the Fanfiction pile somewhere. Anyways, I hope FFXV or Agni's Philosphy (if they're making it into a real game) has a better story than what we've seen of Toriyama.

Ditto. FF XIII had a good story, weak gameplay. XIII-2 weak story, good gameplay. Toriyama n Kitase did a great job on FFX n FFXIII but i think it shouldve stopped at FFXIII. Best for me not to say anything before the oversensitive Toriyafollowers arrive. Agni's concept looks really good so far. I heard they are going to show more at this years E3.
---
- 'You load 16 tons of GameFaqs users and whaddaya get?' - Im da elevator guy in gangnam style.
#7BlueDragmirePosted 2/19/2013 7:44:14 PM
I think its in fact the crisis of feminism within the modern Arab Spring revolutionary spirit. Classical Western views of feminism and what to expect simply do not contour to the reality of modern Arab women. They are willing to wear the Burkah and are full of religious faith, even as Westernized feminism consider these things to be institutions to be restrictive to women, to the point of limiting modern Muslim women choices away from religious faith. And this links into, as well, the whole crisis of Western views of modernism vs the revival of faith in the Middle East. Where should the new arab states go? How can they straddle the line being pure secularism and religious zealotry.

All this is being shown through a metaphor of a classic JRPG. Rather high-minded and impressive stuff, I think.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#8Mesmeril(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 7:55:07 PM
BlueDragmire posted...
I think its in fact the crisis of feminism within the modern Arab Spring revolutionary spirit. Classical Western views of feminism and what to expect simply do not contour to the reality of modern Arab women. They are willing to wear the Burkah and are full of religious faith, even as Westernized feminism consider these things to be institutions to be restrictive to women, to the point of limiting modern Muslim women choices away from religious faith. And this links into, as well, the whole crisis of Western views of modernism vs the revival of faith in the Middle East. Where should the new arab states go? How can they straddle the line being pure secularism and religious zealotry.

All this is being shown through a metaphor of a classic JRPG. Rather high-minded and impressive stuff, I think.

That would be amazing if Square Enix did that for Agni's!
#9ValorZraykPosted 2/19/2013 8:25:59 PM
BlueDragmire posted...

That would be pretty cool.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>13>7>12>4>1>2>10-2
#10HRskskyPosted 2/19/2013 8:42:13 PM
I like your concept. It'd be cool if they adapt it. Then we'll have a dual life sort of narrative - one futuristic and one medieval like. XIII kind of had it with the tech and the wild pulse folks but it'd be nice if they gave more details on their lives too. But personally I prefer medieval feel to the wild hunter theme.

I just hope the presentation won't be as terrible as XIII's. Like for example if they gave the old trad and new trad some silly latin names and only explain them in the datalog. And then the characters only ever uses the terms vaguely doesn't help.
---
Want to localize Type-0 and see FF Versus? http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
-Official SANDVICH monster of GameFaqs