Kitase explain declining series sales

#181ReposessionManPosted 2/20/2013 11:26:01 AM
kupo1705 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
kupo1705 posted...

What's her mascot, belts?

Her weapons are actual mascots.

I think belts should become a FF mascot.

I don't think it's funny.
---
Currently playing: Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
#182kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 11:26:54 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
kupo1705 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
kupo1705 posted...

What's her mascot, belts?

Her weapons are actual mascots.

I think belts should become a FF mascot.

I don't think it's funny.

Mascots aren't supposed to be funny.
#183TheGreatFiGHtMEPosted 2/21/2013 4:59:13 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Guys, no drama in my thread please.

Just close it .
---
"I'm a boxcar and a jug of wine. I make the money. I roll the nickels."
-C.M.-
#184TehRYNOLPosted 2/22/2013 6:58:26 AM
Kitase knows what he's talking about.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#185Tobi011Posted 2/22/2013 7:13:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#186jp255Posted 2/22/2013 7:53:03 AM
TehRYNOL posted...
Kitase knows what he's talking about.

how do you come to this conclusion?
#187MonkeySeraphPosted 2/22/2013 7:57:05 AM
god damn it Nomura and Tanaka need to use the fusion dance and eject Toriyama and Kitase.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#188ManaYukaPosted 2/22/2013 8:20:41 AM
How does Kitase explain the 3 MILLION people who PLAYED FFXIII-1 and still passed on the sequel.

Remember, FFXIII was in the bargain bins in Japan very quickly after release so they sold 1.5 milliion at launch and only 1.9 million overall since the game was able to be bought used pretty easily in Japan.

It got so bad that Toriyama claimed that people should keep their copy because they had plans for that games future(hinting at DLC that NEVER CAME, just a shameless move to cut back on used games sells)

So their were probably ALOT more people that decided to pass on XIII-2 than we think
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#189Sin_HarvesterPosted 2/22/2013 9:20:16 AM
kupo1705 posted...
http://www.examiner.com/article/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-producer-explains-declining-series-sales

Yoshinori Kitase has offered an explanation as to why “Final Fantasy XIII-2” sold a lot less than “Final Fantasy XIII.” According to a report by The Guardian on Feb. 18, the producer at Square Enix disclosed that players did not know that they don’t have to play the first game in order to have knowledge on the story of the second title. He also mentioned that the plot in “Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII” won’t require experience with the previous games either. You can check out some screens from the upcoming role-playing game in the slideshow at the top of this article and the comments from Yoshinori Kitase below (courtesy of The Guardian):

Between Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII 2, we saw a drop in sales of 3m. So it's not like we feel the pressure is off at all. The reason for the drop may have been down to the fact that not many players knew you didn't have to have played Final Fantasy XIII to understand the plot in its sequel. We're hoping that we can get that message across for Lightning Returns, because the same is true here.

-
Yeah, or maybe it's because XIII sucked so nobody wanted the sequel.

lol at that flawed logic. That's the new level of stupidity ...
---
Ni no Kuni, the first ever JRPG reach #1 in UK chart beside FF and Pokemon in 10 years.
#190ragnarokiusPosted 2/22/2013 4:06:17 PM
kupo 1 kitase 0
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m