Will PS4 announcement hurt Lightning Returns sales?

#1darkphoenix181Posted 2/20/2013 1:41:40 PM
Who wants last gen when next gen is so close they can taste it?
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 2/20/2013 1:42:40 PM
Depending on events Square's rep may be damaged further.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3hyro56Posted 2/20/2013 1:43:35 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
Depending on events Square's rep may be damaged further.

This.

The last thing I'd be worrying about is a single game's potential sales.
---
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
#4Elice_CarolPosted 2/20/2013 1:45:49 PM
Would it hurt the sales for every other game?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#5Nuck-chorrisPosted 2/20/2013 1:46:29 PM
I dont care. Next FF pls.
---
When i fall in the water, i dont get wet. Water gets me. SE's loss sales pleases me, Maybe they'll start hearing the fans for once.......who am I kidding ?
#6peonusPosted 2/20/2013 1:48:22 PM
This game will sell some
But it looks like Creed so some
May just get Versus
#7pobattiPosted 2/20/2013 1:50:52 PM
Well I for one am expecting Final Fantasy to never really pick up again on PS4 or 720.

Isn't one of the reasons for the downturn in FF quality supposed to be related to the costs in producing equivalent games for much more powerful HD machines? That's why the more modern FF games are slowly becoming more linear, since older games like FFVII would simply be too expensive to produce on modern hardware.

Considering FFVII is too expensive to update to HD standard, FFXIII would be too expensive to update to PS4/720 standard... so how can the franchise possibly cope? Square Enix can't really get away with stripping away even more freedom, or reducing playable characters below one.
#8j-fielding95Posted 2/20/2013 1:51:19 PM
I doubt it, a lot of people won't even consider next gen until a price cut.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#9darkphoenix181(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 1:53:24 PM(edited)
pobatti posted...
Well I for one am expecting Final Fantasy to never really pick up again on PS4 or 720.

Isn't one of the reasons for the downturn in FF quality supposed to be related to the costs in producing equivalent games for much more powerful HD machines? That's why the more modern FF games are slowly becoming more linear, since older games like FFVII would simply be too expensive to produce on modern hardware.

Considering FFVII is too expensive to update to HD standard, FFXIII would be too expensive to update to PS4/720 standard... so how can the franchise possibly cope? Square Enix can't really get away with stripping away even more freedom, or reducing playable characters below one.

xenoblade
The truth is square doesn't know what they are talking about.

Even Arkham City had an HD town.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#10MagiusNecrosPosted 2/20/2013 1:53:00 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
pobatti posted...

xenoblade

Or "Monolith Soft Wii U Game"
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board