Predict the "new" Final Fantasy in E3 2013

#31atopp399Posted 2/20/2013 9:48:47 PM
pobatti posted...
The FF title is one currently in development for PS4. That means it's probably safe to rule out FFX-HD, since that game only appears to be receiving a remaster for PS3 and Vita, doesn't look as good as FFXIII, and would be rather embarrassing as a PS4 launch title.

Square isn't the company they used to be.
#32MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/20/2013 9:50:28 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
I'm hoping that both Versus XIII and XV show up at E3.

I don't care about LR or ARR.

Type-0 is a lost cause at this point.

Who knows, they just might. I mean, I'm thinking he was only speaking about a new FF(bringing it up) because of the occasion(PS4 announcement). Who knows? There might be other products Square plans to show off at E3. If they were smart, they'd do it there(to get the world interested).
#33Chaotic WarriorPosted 2/20/2013 10:42:52 PM
My guess is it will be Agni's Philosophy. IF it is and thats IF it is Versus for the ps4 a lot of us will be extremely pissed off at square-enix. and lets face it, They cannot afford to have that type of bad press again.
---
Time and time shall meet again as the threads of destiny entwine... but what if such destiny can be changed? If destiny itself was incorrect?
#34theofficefan99Posted 2/20/2013 10:48:56 PM
A vast majority of people who will get pissed off about Versus moving to PS4 will get over it in one second and start saving up for the PS4 because they're most likely the same people who bought a PS3 mainly for Versus XIII despite knowing next to nothing about it.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#35MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/20/2013 10:52:56 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
A vast majority of people who will get pissed off about Versus moving to PS4 will get over it in one second and start saving up for the PS4 because they're most likely the same people who bought a PS3 mainly for Versus XIII despite knowing next to nothing about it.

I have no interest in purchasing a PS4 given some of the features. I'm only slightly interested in a purposed "new FF", but if Versus becomes a PS4 exclusive, it will in no way sway me to buy the console.
#36zombie_basher13Posted 2/20/2013 11:00:58 PM
1Truth posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
And you been saying it would appear on the PS3/360 for years and look how that turned out.

I'm sure it was for PS3/360 but FFXIV bombing made it get delayed. As a result, it was eventually scrapped and they began development for PS4/720 using Luminous Studio.

If Itou was indeed working on FF XV for PS3 for like 6 years just to scrap it and start all over, that would really suck.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#37theofficefan99Posted 2/20/2013 11:02:06 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

I have no interest in purchasing a PS4 given some of the features. I'm only slightly interested in a purposed "new FF", but if Versus becomes a PS4 exclusive, it will in no way sway me to buy the console.

Were you one of the people who bought the PS3 mainly for FF titles, including Versus XIII, despite not knowing next-to-nothing about it?

If not, then that wasn't directed at you.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#38VekkererPosted 2/21/2013 1:45:02 AM
What are the odds that SE stays completely in character and announces a game half a decade before it's close to release again?
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#391TruthPosted 2/21/2013 6:14:31 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
1Truth posted...
Lelouch71 posted...
And you been saying it would appear on the PS3/360 for years and look how that turned out.

I'm sure it was for PS3/360 but FFXIV bombing made it get delayed. As a result, it was eventually scrapped and they began development for PS4/720 using Luminous Studio.

If Itou was indeed working on FF XV for PS3 for like 6 years just to scrap it and start all over, that would really suck.

It's unfortunately likely. A lot of the staff members that were added to FFXIV ARR are from the FFXII team. What were these FFXII staff members doing before they were moved to FFXIV ARR? It's likely FFXV was in development but got postponed indefinitely. Now it's being remade for PS4/720.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#40MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/21/2013 7:57:17 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
MagnaderAlpha posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Were you one of the people who bought the PS3 mainly for FF titles, including Versus XIII, despite not knowing next-to-nothing about it?

If not, then that wasn't directed at you.

Yeah, I didn't buy PS3 for mainly FF titles. There were a lot of other titles that made it a favorable consideration over an X360 at the time(I own both now). I DID buy it late in the life, though, about two years ago simply because I just couldn't afford to spend money on games in general. I'm a little more financially secure, but given the specs and features(especially no transferable PSN games, which I probably own MORE of than actual disc games), it's just not something I think I'd waste my money on(if the price tag IS pushing $500, of course). The graphics are pretty and all, and hearing that it's far more easier to develop for than PS3 is interesting, but I wonder why in the hell did Sony shoot themselves in the foot by making PS3 so hard to develop for in the first place? Kinda like Crystal Tools, it seems like these companies had this big idea of "OMG, great graphics, massive POWER!" but it was like taking on a giant. Their idea vision was shattered by the overwhelming reality. I just fail to understand the logic of why a top priority when designing a console(or engine, for that matter) SHOULDN'T be to make it "as easy to work with as possible". That basically means more developers can use it efficiently, get the most out of it, more games out there in less time, wider game selection, badda boom, badda bing! They are barely thinking about this now?!

1Truth posted...
It's unfortunately likely. A lot of the staff members that were added to FFXIV ARR are from the FFXII team. What were these FFXII staff members doing before they were moved to FFXIV ARR? It's likely FFXV was in development but got postponed indefinitely. Now it's being remade for PS4/720.

It's an interesting thing you bring up. Teams just don't sit in limbo. They always have to be working on something. BTW, what's Tabata doing right now? TWEWY mobile version? Something new? There are a few "unaccounted for" guys/teams at Square right now, no doubt working on SOMETHING. Like I said, nobody just sits around without anything to do. If you are an employee for ANYTHING, as long as you are on the clock, you'll ALWAYS have something to do.