#41marcBookPosted 2/21/2013 7:59:42 AM
FFXV, Agni's Philosophy.
---
"The whole building's coming down!"
"This isn't good!!!" YOU THINK!?
#42Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 2/21/2013 8:00:24 AM
DragonBallZGuru posted...
Final Fantasy VII-2

Lol. Advent Children says hi. The idea of a AC game is kinda cool. But it would be a short game.
---
- 'You load 16 tons of GameFaqs users and whaddaya get?' - Im the elevator guy from gangnam style.
#43MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/21/2013 8:19:07 AM
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
DragonBallZGuru posted...
Final Fantasy VII-2

Lol. Advent Children says hi. The idea of a AC game is kinda cool. But it would be a short game.

Well, if they what they say is true(both about PS4 and Luminous being easier to develop for than PS3/Crystal Tools was), that means shorter dev time for maximum results(where as it took a long time to crank out a good looking game this gen, next gen it will take a considerably shorter time to crank out something just as good, or even BETTER). Who knows, if it's as easy as they say, we just might get that FFVII remake everybody once thought was impossible. It it would take too long to render towns in PS3, no doubt it would be easier on PS4.
#44MalakTawusPosted 2/21/2013 8:35:47 AM
Well, Lightning Returns will be shown for sure, so it's not that fair to put it in the poll with the other tites.

Beside that i think that it could finally be Versus' time to shine.......if not Versus than Agni for sure.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#45CokaineCowboy77Posted 2/21/2013 9:16:51 AM
chocolatesoda posted...
I don't mind. Anything that will be released in a couple of years is fine for me.

Low standards huh?

VII remake is just a dream we will never have. I predict FFXV(AP).
Versus has about as much chance as the VII remake.
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFVIII>FFX>FFIX>FFIV
XIII is...just terrible.
#46zodiac_swordPosted 2/21/2013 9:24:01 AM
It will be FF15, and it will be new. What that means is not an old game renamed or based on that stupid tech demo. Something we haven't seen before.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#47KimMohicanTribePosted 2/21/2013 9:26:12 AM
Agni! But where is my Noctis?
---
The Official proud native american! [ My family approves of this song, strangely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3srk8Dkuo ]
#481TruthPosted 2/21/2013 9:52:53 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
1Truth posted...
It's unfortunately likely. A lot of the staff members that were added to FFXIV ARR are from the FFXII team. What were these FFXII staff members doing before they were moved to FFXIV ARR? It's likely FFXV was in development but got postponed indefinitely. Now it's being remade for PS4/720.

It's an interesting thing you bring up. Teams just don't sit in limbo. They always have to be working on something. BTW, what's Tabata doing right now? TWEWY mobile version? Something new? There are a few "unaccounted for" guys/teams at Square right now, no doubt working on SOMETHING. Like I said, nobody just sits around without anything to do. If you are an employee for ANYTHING, as long as you are on the clock, you'll ALWAYS have something to do.

Tabata most likely is planning development of a new FF for the PSVita or Parasite Eve 3.

The most notable team of last gen that has not had any major projects since 2006 is the FFXII team. They were most likely making FFXV, but when FFXIV bombed, they were pulled off it to help make FFXIV ARR.

For example, Hiroshi MInagawa (Co-director of FFXII) was asked if if FFXV would be his next project after directing Tactics Ogre PSP He laughed and replied, "I'm not saying anything!"

Full quote:
So can we expect Square Enix to embark on similar projects in the future? "If I have a chance, I'd like to remake Vagrant Story and other games," says Minagawa.

"But when I chose to remake Tactics Ogre it was after FFXII, which was a big project. I wanted to do something on a much smaller scale, and a smaller team, which is why I chose to do this. Probably after this, I'll do something bigger, like an original game. After that, I'll probably change my mind and return to something smaller."

Final Fantasy XV next, then? "I'm not saying anything," laughs Minagawa. Oh well.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-18-tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together-hands-on?page=2
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.