What is the deal with the Final Fantasy fanbase?

#1Vegeta1000Posted 2/22/2013 9:06:58 AM
Why are the fans so split regarding the games? Your favorite FF is someone's most hated. As much praise as gameslike FFVII and FFX get, there's an equal amount of people that hate them. FFIV, FFV, FFVIII, FFIX and FFXII also have a lot of haters. Not even the Sonic fanbase is that bad. No one hates on Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Sonic CD. Colors and Generations rarely get hate also.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/22/2013 9:10:01 AM
The problem is too much variety is in the series.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3RomangeloPosted 2/22/2013 9:11:27 AM
because FFs are different from each other games in the series.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > X-2 > XIII > TLR > VIII > VII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#4King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/22/2013 9:18:17 AM
Therefore the best way to solve the problem is to make all FF games the same from here on out.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#5badboyPosted 2/22/2013 9:28:38 AM
Easily one of the worst fanbases on the internet. They make me ashamed of liking the FF series.
#6gwoodtamuPosted 2/22/2013 9:36:47 AM
Every game has a distinct tone and theme, some are more serious than others, others are more political than others, some focus more on story, some focus more on game play.
#7Jecths_FaythPosted 2/22/2013 11:15:46 AM
badboy posted...
Easily one of the worst fanbases on the internet. They make me ashamed of liking the FF series.

Agreed. I never knew how bad the fanbase was until I joined gfaqs. It opened up a whole new world of idiotic b******* for me.
---
Wanna understand XIII-2? Watch Steins Gate.
My girlfriend's book : https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/283961
#8Elice_CarolPosted 2/22/2013 11:18:00 AM
Sometimes I think I should leave this place for the Evangelion fandom, but then I remember that the board needs me more.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#9BlueDragmirePosted 2/22/2013 11:18:44 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
Sometimes I think I should leave this place for the Evangelion fandom, but then I remember that the board needs me more.

Fourth Impact!
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#10_EggplantWizardPosted 2/22/2013 11:35:15 AM
Jecths_Fayth posted...
badboy posted...

Agreed. I never knew how bad the fanbase was until I joined gfaqs. It opened up a whole new world of idiotic b******* for me.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. ...and I don't buy that it's due to the ever-changing nature of Final Fantasy. It's because people are immature, and can't respect other people's opinions. There's definitely a lack of logical/ critical thinking within the fanbase.
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, King's Field, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.