My personal wishes for Final Fantasy XV

#1gwoodtamuPosted 2/22/2013 10:22:25 AM
My idea:

1) Final Fantasy Versus XIII was scrapped and all assets were moved towards Final Fantasy XV
2) 2 main protagonists on opposite sides of the battle virtually eliminating the good vs. evil mentality, forcing players to think about each sides reasoning for doing what they are doing.
3) Parallel stories running between both protagonists, meeting up half way into the game, allowing the user to then pick a side, and play out the game within that characters perspective.
4) More action oriented battle system based around the FFXIII and XIII-2 design.

My personal hope for the protagonists have already been introduced. Agnis, a member of the old order of magic, a sage seeking to remain true to the old ways and return the world to what it was, and gain acceptance for her people, and Noctis, son of the President of the largest electronic corporation in modern society, seeking to bring humanity out of the dark ages of magic, and into a more electronic, urban type feel.

Would create the old vs. new dynamic, magic vs. machines, and the parallel stories, with the split taking place halfway into the game would create immense replay value IM
#2zodiac_swordPosted 2/22/2013 10:24:00 AM
don't care.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#3KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/22/2013 10:24:59 AM
More action oriented battle system based around the FFXIII and XIII-2 design.

My personal wish is for your wish to never come true.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#4King_Shortt_IXPosted 2/22/2013 10:32:33 AM(edited)
I wish for it to be good, and I wish it would reboot the series by returning it back ot is classical roots that once made the series great.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#5gwoodtamu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:31:56 AM
I wish for the series to progress.
#6MagnaderAlphaPosted 2/22/2013 11:27:57 AM
My personal wish, because we've been getting a lot of HD sci-fi FFs(Versus is more modern sci-fi fantasy), I really want an OFFLINE fantasy fantasy. Example, take a classic world(the look of FFV's world, with it's mystical forests, ancient ruins[of high technology], quaint villages, spire filled castles and shrines dedicated to the four crystals) and apply it to full HD. A world LIKE FFXIV, but NOT like it, because it can be played offline, alone and with a streamlined story(notice I didn't say streamlined exploration).

Other aspects of the game(history of the world, characters and back-stories, monsters, summons, lore), they could go crazy with. Hell, I encourage that. Story-wise, flesh out all characters and make you give a damn about them without making them too cliche or annoying. Also, tell the story competently by establishing the world through IN-GAME exposition, not datalog.

Gameplay-wise, they could keep the fast paced battles seen in FFXIII, make them more efficient without the use of Stagger, and script the movement of characters to look more realistic(like they are actually conscious in battle, and they don't just awkwardly fumble around when enemies are targeting them[I don't know how many times Lightning was just standing right next to the enemy while her gauge was filling up, and it looked rather hokey). Also, I'd like more control over the entire party via leader swap(or control swap) on the fly. I'm said this before, in this fast paced world we live in, something like switching from one character to another SHOULD be done by the shoulder buttons. L1 to switch to the character left of you, and R1 to switch to the character the right of you(three characters in a party, so you have one on either side no matter where you are placed in battle formation).
#7DemonPathRevyaPosted 2/22/2013 12:09:02 PM
Don't think I want Agni and Noctis mingling..... It doesn't look organic in my opinion. I would like XV to star a new character or if not, then Agni herself (because I like her design).
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#8fanofff6Posted 2/22/2013 3:46:39 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
don't care.

Ugh, why did you even reply?
#9zodiac_swordPosted 2/22/2013 3:53:02 PM
fanofff6 posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
don't care.

Ugh, why did you even reply?

I want people to know I don't care.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#10Lelouch71Posted 2/22/2013 4:12:29 PM
My personal wish for FFXV is to have a cyber punk game center around corrupt businesses, organize crime (la cosa nostra), and politics. I would like it if we start out as a hitman who worked for a powerful crime family that control the government. This hitman would soon be betrayed by the organization he worked for. The setting would have a variety of culture. The game would be as dark as Xenogears and FFT.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"