If this game only has a single ending then why does it need to be replayed?

#21MalakTawusPosted 2/26/2013 4:07:35 AM
This seems quite a silly question to me since i replayed TONS of games that had only one ending.

Anyway, LR could have great incentives to be replayed:

-You can't do all the quests in a single cycle so replaying not only means you'll be able to actualy do something new, but it also means that Lightning will become stronger (since she get stronger doing quests this time around, not simply defeating monsters).

-If Lightning gets stronger it means that she'll be able to fight monsters that were too strong the first time and this could mean that she could explore new areas that were too dangerous or maybe simply obtaining new "ingredients" from monsters to create new weapons/outfits/accesories or whatever.

-You'll be able to play the game with a completely new prospective so you'll understand better what happens in the game.

-Since you won't be able to explore with ease the whole world in a single cycle you'll probably be able to explore something new when you replay......or maybe it's even possible that SE will unlock special "abilities" (something similar to FFXIII-2) where Lightning will be able to jump higher/move faster/increase the chance to fight rare monster/maybe even gaining new extra time so that the player will be able to explore with no rush...........so many possibilities.......

-Even if there is only one ending it doesn't mean that the player won't be able to unlock an extra scene if they complete everything.

-Being a bit action oriented it may be possible to unlock new (harder) difficulties, but i honestly don't think this will happen.

Anyway, i see tons of good reason to replay a game structured like LR........and if i'll love the game and i'll enjoy playing with it that would be a good enough reason in itsef to replay the game (like i replayed tons of other games that had no multiple endings).
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#22BlueDragmirePosted 2/26/2013 8:58:05 AM
Lol, good point. I guess they didn't think this through.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#23MagiusNecrosPosted 2/26/2013 9:15:14 AM
Game will force completion and make you do different sidequests each run.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#24jp255Posted 2/26/2013 9:57:38 AM
MalakTawus posted...
This seems quite a silly question to me since i replayed TONS of games that had only one ending.

Anyway, LR could have great incentives to be replayed:

-You can't do all the quests in a single cycle so replaying not only means you'll be able to actualy do something new, but it also means that Lightning will become stronger (since she get stronger doing quests this time around, not simply defeating monsters).

-If Lightning gets stronger it means that she'll be able to fight monsters that were too strong the first time and this could mean that she could explore new areas that were too dangerous or maybe simply obtaining new "ingredients" from monsters to create new weapons/outfits/accesories or whatever.

-You'll be able to play the game with a completely new prospective so you'll understand better what happens in the game.

-Since you won't be able to explore with ease the whole world in a single cycle you'll probably be able to explore something new when you replay......or maybe it's even possible that SE will unlock special "abilities" (something similar to FFXIII-2) where Lightning will be able to jump higher/move faster/increase the chance to fight rare monster/maybe even gaining new extra time so that the player will be able to explore with no rush...........so many possibilities.......

-Even if there is only one ending it doesn't mean that the player won't be able to unlock an extra scene if they complete everything.

-Being a bit action oriented it may be possible to unlock new (harder) difficulties, but i honestly don't think this will happen.

Anyway, i see tons of good reason to replay a game structured like LR........and if i'll love the game and i'll enjoy playing with it that would be a good enough reason in itsef to replay the game (like i replayed tons of other games that had no multiple endings).

I'm not so sure. The structure of this game has me worried, it makes me feel like they might try and get away with having a short game. The Short development time is the reason why this is worrying. Unless SE have stated it will be fairly lengthy, I'm not that keen on the structure of LR.
#25Capitan_KidPosted 2/26/2013 11:18:58 AM
That's a stupid question. Do you not replay any game with just one ending?
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!