Why do people praise X as one of the best but hate XIII?

#1EscaSyraPosted 2/26/2013 5:41:01 AM
X is down at the bottom on my list. It's not bad, but it's nothing more than average to me.

I don't understand how people can claim X is the best while claiming XIII as the worst. The games are similar in many areas, so why do you fans who worship X hate XIII?

To me, XIII had the superior characters and battle system. The story was about the same I guess.... I'm not crazy about the whole plot twist with X like most people are.

Sure, X did have mini games, but most of them were boring or just plain tedious, with Blitzball being the exception to me...

So yeah, call me crazy but XIII ranks above X for me. I consider XIII slightly above average and X a little more than slightly below average as far as FF games go.
#2tiornysPosted 2/26/2013 5:46:23 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/65388447
#3Shadowrider70Posted 2/26/2013 5:50:31 AM
Why not?
---
I'm an all around gamer. Hand me a game, I'll play through it, than give a detailed report about it.
PSN: Shadowrider74
#4EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 5:54:10 AM
tiornys posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/65388447

Relevant and recent. Interesting. I never visit the X boards.

A couple of thoughts pertaining to the first few posts in that topic.

Someone states that none of the characters in XIII are likable, yet most of them in X are.

I don't understand this. I know it's different tastes, but the only characters in X that were interesting to me were Auron, Jecht, Braska, and O'aka the XXIII. Rikku was okay, but I hated the rest.

Someone stated the storytelling in X was genius.

All I can do is laugh at that... I didn't find it bad, but it was far from genius. I rank it as average along with XIII.

Also, I don't agree with the topic. People act like you shouldn't compare things way too much on here.
#5EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 5:55:43 AM
Shadowrider70 posted...
Why not?

I'm looking for thoughts on this. I'm not saying people shouldn't, I just want to see their reasoning for it. Is that all you had to add to the topic? Great insight.
#6Shadowrider70Posted 2/26/2013 5:59:58 AM
EscaSyra posted...
Shadowrider70 posted...
Why not?

I'm looking for thoughts on this. I'm not saying people shouldn't, I just want to see their reasoning for it. Is that all you had to add to the topic? Great insight.

Of course that's not all I have to say. There's just not much to reason with. They are different games, yes? Perhaps, in their eyes, one was a wonderful game, and the other was terrible with the worst characters ever. I, personally, did not care for either of them. Also, thank you, I know I provide great insight. :3
---
I'm an all around gamer. Hand me a game, I'll play through it, than give a detailed report about it.
PSN: Shadowrider74
#7kupo1705Posted 2/26/2013 6:01:03 AM
Didn't we have this thread already?
#8EscaSyra(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 6:02:01 AM
kupo1705 posted...

The horse isn't dead yet.
#9kupo1705Posted 2/26/2013 6:03:28 AM
EscaSyra posted...
kupo1705 posted...

The horse isn't dead yet.