The reality is that FFX is more linear in map design than FFXIII.

#11TruthPosted 2/27/2013 6:49:49 AM
People need to accept the reality. Also, FFXIII allows you to move the camera.

- What can you do while standing still in the linear paths of FFX? Nothing.
- What can you do while standing still in the linear paths of FFXIII? Move the camera to check out the stunning art direction and vistas.

Back tracking FFX means **** as you aren't seeing anything new. At least in FFXIII, you can always stop and take your time by moving the camera to observe the scenery. Not only does FFXIII have less linear map design than FFX, but you can move the camera to observe your complete surroundings. There's also more to do in the linear maps of FFXIII as there's more branching paths and side-paths leading to treasure chests. It's the less linear feeling game.

For the record, battle system, character growth system, NPCs, towns, shops, blitzball and end-game content all have nothing to do with linear map design. Talking map design only, FFX is undoubtedly more linear than FFXIII.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2kupo1705Posted 2/27/2013 6:50:15 AM
What happened to your FFXII revelation?
#3Shadowrider70Posted 2/27/2013 6:51:22 AM
And yet it is praised much more than XIII. Linear games = story game. It's true.
---
I'm an all around gamer. Hand me a game, I'll play through it, than give a detailed report about it.
PSN: Shadowrider74
#4shinigami_mattPosted 2/27/2013 6:51:37 AM
I agree with Galv for once.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#5KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/27/2013 6:51:44 AM
kupo1705 posted...

I think he switched from that to normal trolling. It's funny these butthurt XIII fanbags can't accept the superiority of Final Fantasy X.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#61Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 6:56:25 AM
kupo1705 posted...

Still in production.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#7UnderratedGamerPosted 2/27/2013 6:58:42 AM
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I think he switched from that to normal trolling. It's funny these butthurt XIII fanbags can't accept the superiority of Final Fantasy X.

This is quality comedy right here.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#8KittenSndwchmkrPosted 2/27/2013 6:59:56 AM
UnderratedGamer posted...
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
kupo1705 posted...

This is quality comedy right here.

Coming from a fanboy of the worst FF ever made, the point is not going through I'm afraid.
---
The final boss theme in Peace Walker is a major joke.
The official FireMage banisher.
#9UnderratedGamerPosted 2/27/2013 7:03:08 AM
Someone that actually agrees with the linearity of X?

We need more of these geniuses on this board.

Now we wait for terrible arguments and the famous masking gameplay phrase: "X hides it well" and "X had rest stops with about 2 people walking aimlessly around an Inn giving dull and boring info."
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#10TehAssasinPosted 2/27/2013 7:05:17 AM
The reality is that FFX is still a much, much better game than FFXIII overall.