The reality is that FFX is more linear in map design than FFXIII.

#141UnderratedGamerPosted 2/28/2013 3:13:22 PM
LuBu1975 posted...
LOL at sad guys who can't out-think people so tell others to ignore them. We're having a perfectly pleasant discussion. Why don't you take your own advice and just ignore me yourself instead of being compelled to respond to my posts.

Even though I just did. You were trying to come up with some ridiculous excuse to say that VII is unbeatable (gave no explanation/reasoning) and said that FFX is somehow completely legitimate to being a non-linear game.

Who are you fooling? You'll somehow turn this "pleasant" discussion into an irrelevant game-bashing frenzy like you always do.

I'm simply giving a warning to let others know that you tend to think that you hold the records for best video games on Earth.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#142LuBu1975Posted 2/28/2013 3:18:06 PM(edited)
darkphoenix181 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

Eventually more New people will join the series and Versus will be released topping FFVII.

One qualification and requirement of it to be "better" than FF7 is to be remembered as such a good game 17 years after it's release like FF7.
Even if versus comes out and people start agreeing saying it is better than FF7, it isn't actually better until it proves that it will stay on these people's hearts for 17 years.

Though I kinda agree, it sound like a BS excuse to me. Mainly because it don't seem like it will be forgotten. Even after 30 years.

It is not about it being forgotten, it is about it's wide appeal and majority opinion about being the best.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704528-final-fantasy-xv/65544258

People can argue which is the best etc all they want and that is fine as they are just opinions and as such there is no "real" best.

Thus, the next best thing to there being a "real" best, is a shared opinion by the majority and time and time again FF7 has been proven to be that one. If another FF tops that opinion and becomes the new best as per the majority, it has beaten FF7.

Which only FFX has a chance of doing.

See how i ignore the sad guy trying to provoke me. I'm too smart to fall for such childish ploys. Give it up and take your own advice.
---
Playing: Ken's Rage 2, AC3, MG Rising.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: ASoIaF (again).
#143FishermanFriendPosted 2/28/2013 5:18:32 PM
I'm a little late to the party but it isn't more linear. It's basically the exact same. FFX gives the illusion that it isn't linear by having fixed camera points, so you're not always holding up on the controller to proceed.

It's similar to how the sphere grid tricked people into thinking it wasn't incredibly linear by simply making the path all circled and going all over the place.
#144ExtremeLightPosted 2/28/2013 5:28:26 PM
FishermanFriend posted...
I'm a little late to the party but it isn't more linear. It's basically the exact same. FFX gives the illusion that it isn't linear by having fixed camera points, so you're not always holding up on the controller to proceed.

It's similar to how the sphere grid tricked people into thinking it wasn't incredibly linear by simply making the path all circled and going all over the place.

It wasn't that linear because you can go into other grids.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#145UnderratedGamerPosted 2/28/2013 6:09:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#146UnderratedGamerPosted 2/28/2013 7:57:32 PM
LuBu1975 posted...
Which only FFX has a chance of doing.

See how i ignore the sad guy trying to provoke me. I'm too smart to fall for such childish ploys. Give it up and take your own advice.

You can't get every single opinion in the world to determine which is the best game.

You're only deciding which is the most popular. You have to realize that a ton of FF7 fans went back to play the the previous games and a TON have found those games to be better. This is also with other games released after 7. Since recently, those fans of 7 quickly dispersed. Almost 16 years after its release, and the numbers are only increasing for the likes of other FF games.

So once again, you have NO evidence, and the topic is again at square one.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov