Meh, I thought XIII was pretty fun

#1ragnardemonPosted 3/2/2013 1:40:46 PM
Especially during some of the more intense boss battles. And Shaolong Gui's, now those battles could get intense when they first appeared.
#2kupo1705Posted 3/2/2013 1:41:23 PM
Intense boss fights?
I guess they were cut in the version I played.
#3ragnarokiusPosted 3/2/2013 7:38:19 PM
There can be only one.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#4westontickleePosted 3/2/2013 7:42:54 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Intense boss fights?

You're just blind
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#5theofficefan99Posted 3/2/2013 7:59:27 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Intense boss fights?

XIII has one of the most involving battle systems in the series. Because your abilities are limited with each class, you need to switch Paradigms frequently. Along with that, the game makes both magic and melee attacks very useful, as they're both needed and they need to be timed correctly in order to stagger the enemy. Limit Breaks are also useful when they're finally unlocked as they help increase the Stagger Gauge, and even though Eidolons aren't super overpowered, they are always useful because they revive and completely heal your entire party mid-battle. XIII's combat is far more involved than, say, XII's, because it involved switching classes on-the-fly, it forces you to time your attacks correctly, there is nothing that's useless, and magic is as important as melee attacks.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6ExtremeLightPosted 3/2/2013 8:01:22 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Intense boss fights?

XIII has one of the most involving battle systems in the series. Because your abilities are limited with each class, you need to switch Paradigms frequently. Along with that, the game makes both magic and melee attacks very useful, as they're both needed and they need to be timed correctly in order to stagger the enemy. Limit Breaks are also useful when they're finally unlocked as they help increase the Stagger Gauge, and even though Eidolons aren't super overpowered, they are always useful because they revive and completely heal your entire party mid-battle. XIII's combat is far more involved than, say, XII's, because it involved switching classes on-the-fly, it forces you to time your attacks correctly, there is nothing that's useless, and magic is as important as melee attacks.

White knighting 13 to attack 12. Nice tactic.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#7theofficefan99Posted 3/2/2013 8:33:50 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Intense boss fights?

I'm not "white knighting." It's pretty clear that I think XIII is damn flawed. I'm just giving it recognition where it deserves some. And I'm not "attacking" XII, I simply used XII as an example to show how XIII is more involved in terms of its battle system than some previous Final Fantasy titles.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8Blackmarvel79Posted 3/2/2013 8:32:52 PM
ragnardemon posted...
Especially during some of the more intense boss battles. And Shaolong Gui's, now those battles could get intense when they first appeared.

I see three trolls are attacking you. Not nearly as cool as the battles in 13.
---
Playing the Dead Space Trilogy and MGR until GOW comes out.
#9ExtremeLightPosted 3/2/2013 8:33:51 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
Intense boss fights?

I'm not "white knighting." It's pretty clear that I think XIII is damn flawed. I'm just giving it recognition where it deserves some. And I'm not "attacking" XII, I simply used XII as an example to show how XIII is more involved in terms of battle system than some previous Final Fantasy titles.

Hmm if you say so.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#10Blackmarvel79Posted 3/2/2013 8:39:29 PM
This has made this board tolerable.
You are ignoring 3 message(s) from users on this page
---
Playing the Dead Space Trilogy and MGR until GOW comes out.