Do you think this series gives women a poor image?

#61EminentFatePosted 3/8/2013 4:52:05 AM
All the other games have not been offensive.

I'd bed to differ.

e.g. Yuna is a submissive doormat before she receives character development.
---
Every time you make a Gabe Newell fat joke, he delays Half Life 2: Episode 3 an extra month.
#62Lindaru111Posted 3/8/2013 5:51:50 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
What is so badass about Beatrix... She was a total puppet.

Agreed. She was an evil witch who kills numerous civiians from the towns they attack (Burmecia and Cleyra at least) and then in a weak plot device she becomes good and all that blood is forgiven. What bs.

Don't be so quick to agree with me, I still think IX was easily one of the best FF games.

I have noticed some black spots in IX but I still think it's one of my favorite FF game...
IV,V and VI coming close second.
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#63dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:54:29 AM
If battles had been faster and we could avoid ever meeting the other four party members, IX would have been the best Final Fantasy. Mark my words.
---
1) Grip tight
2) Raise from perdition
#64ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 5:54:52 AM
Lindaru111 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...

Agreed. She was an evil witch who kills numerous civiians from the towns they attack (Burmecia and Cleyra at least) and then in a weak plot device she becomes good and all that blood is forgiven. What bs.

Don't be so quick to agree with me, I still think IX was easily one of the best FF games.

I have noticed some black spots in IX but I still think it's one of my favorite FF game...

We have a pretty similar taste, aside from the fact IMO, IV is the worst FF game.
---
What a thrill, With darkness and silence through the night,
what a thrill, I'm searching and I'll melt into you...
#65LuBu1975Posted 3/8/2013 5:55:32 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
I agree with people according to my opinions not theirs. I will agree and disagree with you without bias. I'm not trying to seek favour. We just happened to agree on this point.

Also good for you that you like IX many people do (granted far less than certain other FFs). I actually like it myself. I don't have anything against IX fans. I only dislike the overly vocal ones who say its the best FF contrary to all the facts.

Please don't tell me by "certain others" you mean XIII, cause that would sicredit you completely.

By certain others i mean VII and X primarily but VIII and XIII did outsell IX so they could have more fans too.
---
Playing: Ken's Rage 2, AC3, MG Rising.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: ASoIaF (again).
#66ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 5:56:24 AM
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
I agree with people according to my opinions not theirs. I will agree and disagree with you without bias. I'm not trying to seek favour. We just happened to agree on this point.

Also good for you that you like IX many people do (granted far less than certain other FFs). I actually like it myself. I don't have anything against IX fans. I only dislike the overly vocal ones who say its the best FF contrary to all the facts.

Please don't tell me by "certain others" you mean XIII, cause that would sicredit you completely.

By certain others i mean VII and X primarily but VIII and XIII did outsell IX so they could have more fans too.

How does SALES show how many FANS the game has?

How the hell can you be a fan of a game before you buy it...
---
#67Lindaru111Posted 3/8/2013 5:56:58 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
Lindaru111 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...

We have a pretty similar taste, aside from the fact IMO, IV is the worst FF game.

IV was until SE started to remake the game million times and made that godawful sequel TAY...
Original IV is still my favorite though.
---
#68Lindaru111Posted 3/8/2013 5:58:12 AM
dils-d posted...
If battles had been faster and we could avoid ever meeting the other four party members, IX would have been the best Final Fantasy. Mark my words.

"Avoiding" ever meeting other four members can easily be fixed with good old gameshark/action replay I think...

Battle speed I understand though.
---
#69dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:58:20 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
IV is the worst FF game.

Finally you start making sense.
---
1) Grip tight
2) Raise from perdition
#70ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 5:59:01 AM
dils-d posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
IV is the worst FF game.

Finally you start making sense.

XIII is very close to it.
---