Do you think this series gives women a poor image?

#71pnpdarrelPosted 3/8/2013 6:00:02 AM
EminentFate posted...
All the other games have not been offensive.

I'd bed to differ.

e.g. Yuna is a submissive doormat before she receives character development.

True, but isn't the entire point of character development that the character try's to fix their faults, or at least recognize them? Isn't that a good role model for people?
---
Some people want the the best of the best. Me, I'll take everything that they don't.
#72dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:00:13 AM
Lindaru111 posted...
"Avoiding" ever meeting other four members can easily be fixed with good old gameshark/action replay I think...

I mean plotwise. I don't think Quina, Eiko or Amarant contributed with anything interesting. Freya was okay.
---
1) Grip tight
2) Raise from perdition
#73ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 6:01:45 AM
Okay, I somewhat understand people being fans of Beatrix...

But Mikoto? Are you people serious?
---
What a thrill, With darkness and silence through the night,
what a thrill, I'm searching and I'll melt into you...
#74DragoonGriffithPosted 3/8/2013 6:05:19 AM
Mikoto has like 10 minutes screentime...
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif
#75ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 6:06:09 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Mikoto has like 10 minutes screentime...

Very bland 10 minutes, if I may add. I had to google her name to remember who she even was.
---
#76zodiac_swordPosted 3/8/2013 6:06:47 AM
Who's Mikoto?
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#77fistpumplikemePosted 3/8/2013 6:07:23 AM
Not really. Quit the opposite. Lightning's boring whatsoever.
#78dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:07:25 AM
What, she had a nice design. I can agree that she wasn't very interesting, but she could have been.
---
1) Grip tight
2) Raise from perdition
#79LuBu1975Posted 3/8/2013 6:24:22 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
I agree with people according to my opinions not theirs. I will agree and disagree with you without bias. I'm not trying to seek favour. We just happened to agree on this point.

Also good for you that you like IX many people do (granted far less than certain other FFs). I actually like it myself. I don't have anything against IX fans. I only dislike the overly vocal ones who say its the best FF contrary to all the facts.

Please don't tell me by "certain others" you mean XIII, cause that would sicredit you completely.

By certain others i mean VII and X primarily but VIII and XIII did outsell IX so they could have more fans too.

How does SALES show how many FANS the game has?

How the hell can you be a fan of a game before you buy it...

Now i think you're just being silly. Do you have common sense? If something sells more it has more exposure therefore it's potential for having more fans is higher. In all other media sales signify success. A number one song is decided by sales. A box office success likewise. In the games industry reviews by guys no better than any of us decide. That is bs.

If two games are similar (as FF games are) i reckon their success is a reasonable way to judge their fanbase. It is hardly scientific fact but it's no worse than guys who use reviews alone.
---
Playing: Ken's Rage 2, AC3, MG Rising.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: ASoIaF (again).
#80ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 6:30:41 AM
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
I agree with people according to my opinions not theirs. I will agree and disagree with you without bias. I'm not trying to seek favour. We just happened to agree on this point.

Also good for you that you like IX many people do (granted far less than certain other FFs). I actually like it myself. I don't have anything against IX fans. I only dislike the overly vocal ones who say its the best FF contrary to all the facts.

Please don't tell me by "certain others" you mean XIII, cause that would sicredit you completely.

By certain others i mean VII and X primarily but VIII and XIII did outsell IX so they could have more fans too.

How does SALES show how many FANS the game has?

How the hell can you be a fan of a game before you buy it...

Now i think you're just being silly. Do you have common sense? If something sells more it has more exposure therefore it's potential for having more fans is higher. In all other media sales signify success. A number one song is decided by sales. A box office success likewise. In the games industry reviews by guys no better than any of us decide. That is bs.

Lol, that is SHEEP logic.

I now know everything that I should know about you.
---