Whiniest character in the series?

#71ZeroBeattPosted 3/6/2013 7:37:50 PM
Tidus vs Hope topic.
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#72ZeroBeattPosted 3/6/2013 7:48:35 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
anyone who says hope honestly I don't even.. UM HI HE was 14.... 14 years old.. Think of all the stuff that poor child went through throughout the course of ff xiii... What were most of you doing at the age of 14??? Putting lost teeth under your pillow so the tooth fairy could give you an allowance.that's what you were doing..

Now look at Hope... A leader, a Ruler of the peoples... rebuilding Civilization and giving life to the human race...

just eat ya'lls potatoe chips and leave him be..

That's nice and all but he was still whiney plain and simple. Don't care if he was 14, there are younger characters in the series that have lost more then he was and still maintain a rather sunny personality. Realistic or not, it made his character unbearable for me and it doesn't matter what kind of person he becomes in the future because I will still remember him as that pale little pain in the neck that made issues with every piece of string on the carpet.

And at 14 you think people put teeth under their pillows still? .... Actually you may be right, maybe some did, but I certainly didn't.
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#73ExtremeLightPosted 3/6/2013 8:04:53 PM
UnderratedGamer posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Whoa whoa whoa!
Back it up. Back the complaints up!

Since when was Hope "whiny"?
I never seen him verbally complained...

Heck Rikku moans every time and was afraid of lightning. Even Tidus whine when he found out they had ways to go.

But Hope? He had this internal conflict whether or not he should kill snow. And never even heard him whine. Weak? Sure. Whiny? Far from.

Dude, his mom VOLUNTEERED to do it. And even then, Snow asked if anyone wanted to stay behind. She didn't do that AND SHE HAD CHILDREN.

His mom was just a dumb broad that had an accident 14 years prior to the incident.

What does that have to do with my post?
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#74UnderratedGamerPosted 3/6/2013 8:20:52 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Whoa whoa whoa!

Heck Rikku moans every time and was afraid of lightning. Even Tidus whine when he found out they had ways to go.

But Hope? He had this internal conflict whether or not he should kill snow. And never even heard him whine. Weak? Sure. Whiny? Far from.

Dude, his mom VOLUNTEERED to do it. And even then, Snow asked if anyone wanted to stay behind. She didn't do that AND SHE HAD CHILDREN.

His mom was just a dumb broad that had an accident 14 years prior to the incident.

He's a wuss and whines about Snow all the time.

Yeah, Rikku is annoying too. But that's a reasonable phobia that people can complain about. And that doesn't happen for 6 hours like the duration of Hope's complaining.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#75UnderratedGamerPosted 3/6/2013 8:22:24 PM
ZeroBeatt posted...
VanilleHopen posted...
anyone who says hope honestly I don't even.. UM HI HE was 14.... 14 years old.. Think of all the stuff that poor child went through throughout the course of ff xiii... What were most of you doing at the age of 14??? Putting lost teeth under your pillow so the tooth fairy could give you an allowance.that's what you were doing..

Now look at Hope... A leader, a Ruler of the peoples... rebuilding Civilization and giving life to the human race...

just eat ya'lls potatoe chips and leave him be..

That's nice and all but he was still whiney plain and simple. Don't care if he was 14, there are younger characters in the series that have lost more then he was and still maintain a rather sunny personality. Realistic or not, it made his character unbearable for me and it doesn't matter what kind of person he becomes in the future because I will still remember him as that pale little pain in the neck that made issues with every piece of string on the carpet.

And at 14 you think people put teeth under their pillows still? .... Actually you may be right, maybe some did, but I certainly didn't.
---

Proof:

Vivi, Relm, Rydia, Krile, Eiko.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#76ExtremeLightPosted 3/6/2013 8:36:20 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Whoa whoa whoa!

He's a wuss and whines about Snow all the time.

Yeah, Rikku is annoying too. But that's a reasonable phobia that people can complain about. And that doesn't happen for 6 hours like the duration of Hope's complaining.

Uh he didn't whine.

And rikku was annoying for most of her time and in 10-2.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#77TorgoForever(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 8:48:43 PM
TorgoForever posted...
Hope and Tidus. No others come nearly as close.

At the very least, Tidus doesn't mope over one girl for SEVENTEEN YEARS. I don't see how Edward isn't in this tier.

He whines about going home to his luxury home in Zanarkand so that he can play some more 2-Dimensional water polo. What about his daddy problems too?

I'm surprised Jecht didn't ever back-hand Tidus. At least he always gave him s***. That's why Jecht is the best thing that's ever happened to FFX.

Edward is 3rd worst because at least you couldn't hear his voice until the DS remake. And even then he doesn't talk all that much AND you could turn the voice acting off without turning down the volume.

How does whining about being separated from home since a matter of days compare to moping over someone's death for SEVENTEEN YEARS!? That's a huge difference in time.

And if we're putting VA into account, FFX at least has the excuse of being the first FF to have it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pop1shL.jpg
"Oh shut up. I played HDN and other RPGs and I don't care if they either good or bad, they're still good." -MewMewFan
#78kirusuPosted 3/6/2013 8:53:15 PM
TorgoForever posted...

How does whining about being separated from home since a matter of days compare to moping over someone's death for SEVENTEEN YEARS!? That's a huge difference in time.

And if we're putting VA into account, FFX at least has the excuse of being the first FF to have it.

yeah edward has a reason to mope as well as cloud. you try watching someone die in front of you and see how it effects you and your life. ffx may have had bad voice acting to you guys, but i did not really mind it as i was having fun enjoying the gameplay. i would say honestly the whiniest character by far is the apparently main character from TAY. which is ceodore. next is lightning. who am i kidding, even lightning saga is by far better than that excuse of a FF called TAY.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
#79TorgoForever(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 8:57:59 PM
kirusu posted...
TorgoForever posted...

yeah edward has a reason to mope as well as cloud. you try watching someone die in front of you and see how it effects you and your life. ffx may have had bad voice acting to you guys, but i did not really mind it as i was having fun enjoying the gameplay. i would say honestly the whiniest character by far is the apparently main character from TAY. which is ceodore. next is lightning. who am i kidding, even lightning saga is by far better than that excuse of a FF called TAY.

I doubt I'd still have issues getting a new woman after 17 years.

Especially if I was a rich bard of a scholarly kingdom with a FREAKIN' HOVERCRAFT!
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pop1shL.jpg
"Oh shut up. I played HDN and other RPGs and I don't care if they either good or bad, they're still good." -MewMewFan
#80lamerhaterPosted 3/7/2013 12:48:13 AM
TorgoForever posted...
kirusu posted...
TorgoForever posted...

I doubt I'd still have issues getting a new woman after 17 years.

Especially if I was a rich bard of a scholarly kingdom with a FREAKIN' HOVERCRAFT!

You're apparently not as sensitive as Edward is either.
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"