Whiniest character in the series?

#91UnderratedGamerPosted 3/9/2013 1:08:47 AM
TorgoForever posted...
UnderratedGamer posted...
TorgoForever posted...
TorgoForever posted...
How does whining about being separated from home since a matter of days compare to moping over someone's death for SEVENTEEN YEARS!? That's a huge difference in time.

And if we're putting VA into account, FFX at least has the excuse of being the first FF to have it.

I would rather NOT have voice acting if the voice implied is annoying to the ears. At least then I can comprehend the gist of what's going on in my own taste. I can put aside the character story's bs as long as I don't have to hear them.

Visual learning known as Icons are only filtered in through short term memory. They're not as likely to last as easily as audio learning, which is filtered through long term memory. When reading Edward's dialogue, you not only get to forget the tid bits of annoying dialogue, but you can interpret it in your own standards. Rather than Tidus being an independent variable. The audio learning is represented through echoes which last longer in your memory bank. You can't change or interpret Tidus's voice even if you wanted to.

In conclusion, the average person can hear and remember an annoyance more than someone trying to remember a visual annoyance that lasts largely in short term memory.

In theory, Tidus is more annoying than Edward but at the same time can be more remembered in persona than Edward, if not for that.

I've never been just an average person though. I paid just as much attention to Edward's dialogue as I did to Tidus', voice or no voice. Hence why I found Edward to be the more annoying of the two.

And why are you completely dodging the comparison of being completely separated recently to being unable to cope with someone's death for almost two decades?

Because you see Edward all of those 17 years.

You literally watch Tidus crash and burn from beginning to end with his whine fest.

Edward is annoying yes. But he's not making up the majority of the game like Tidus is.

I presume you mean don't see for those 17 years, but not seeing him whine for all this time doesn't make him technically less whinier if the time gap is that huge.

More of Tidus' whining may be shown, but if someone spends that much time whining, storytelling aside, he or she is technically whinier even if not as directly annoying.

Tidus just whines about his dad being a douche to him though. Edward watched his true love die. He has a right to mourn his whole life if he wanted to. Tidus hated his dad so much so he barely feels anything when he learns about his dad's fate. He hated him. And that ultimately left nothing in it for me to care about his boring problems.

Granted, both are shown as big babies, but Edward has more of a reason to do it. Tidus has no sad factor going for him.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#92TorgoForever(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:51:39 AM
Tidus just whines about his dad being a douche to him though. Edward watched his true love die. He has a right to mourn his whole life if he wanted to. Tidus hated his dad so much so he barely feels anything when he learns about his dad's fate. He hated him. And that ultimately left nothing in it for me to care about his boring problems.

Granted, both are shown as big babies, but Edward has more of a reason to do it. Tidus has no sad factor going for him.

How was I supposed to care about Anna if the only times she was actually shown only before death and in spirit form as a cheerleader? And for that matter, if Edward is to mourn for his whole life, then shouldn't someone have actually come in to try and actually teach him how to cope with the issue rather than letting it drag him down forever?

The fact that some flashbacks are at least put for Tidus and Jecht means there's at least slightly more of an actual reason to care for the issues on hand than using a cheap death plot point.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pop1shL.jpg
"Oh shut up. I played HDN and other RPGs and I don't care if they either good or bad, they're still good." -MewMewFan
#93JudgeNoahPosted 3/9/2013 7:49:03 AM
Hope ftw
---
"Outta my way!"
Lightning
#94ExtremeLightPosted 3/9/2013 7:59:00 AM
I'm still waiting on the explanation of how did Hope whined in 13...
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#95King_Shortt_IXPosted 3/9/2013 8:57:53 AM(edited)
Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who is the whiniest of them all?
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#96ZeroBeattPosted 3/9/2013 9:35:22 AM(edited)
Hope and Tidus. I hated Hope more though, that pathetic, annoying little f***-nut!
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV