Best and Worst Protagonist in the Series

#1BlueDragmirePosted 3/6/2013 10:35:32 PM
Very simple forum, just post your favorite and least favorite main heroes and why. Then you can argue with each other it. I'll go first:

Best: Zidane (FFIX) - cool, lighthearted, adventurous dude that never seems to take things too personally and only has a very brief emotional breakdown.

Worst: Squall (FFVIII) - a giant douche from beginning to end.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#2ZeroBeattPosted 3/6/2013 10:48:15 PM
Best - Zidane Tribal. He's brave and at the time, an interesting breath of fresh air. He has great back story, a love tale that felt believable instead of being ruined by an abhorrent kissing scene. His personality is almost always sunny despite his small moment of weakness. Though I hated his voice actor choices (English and Japanese) in dissidia and how his personality was dumb down to a shota kid with a 12 year old mindset , his image isn't slandered to me.

Worst - Yuna in X-2. I don't even feel like going into details on this one. I felt she would have made a better protagonist than Tidus in FFX, but when X-2 came around and she was actually filled the role, I instantly changed my mind (OK not really)
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#3RomangeloPosted 3/7/2013 12:29:40 AM(edited)
Best - Bartz, Terra, Squall and Ramza

Worst - Zidane

why Zidane? lame design, being an ultimate rip-off character. the name from Zidane the footballer and the look from Sun Goku / Sun Wukong.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#4lamerhaterPosted 3/7/2013 12:45:15 AM
Best - Red Mage: Heck yes, red mages!

Worst - Fighter: Boo, fighters!
---
The official Penelo of the Duodecim Boards.
"I'll be going too. Every good sky pirate has a partner, right?"
#5Lindaru111Posted 3/7/2013 1:39:44 AM
Best - Zidane

A Breath of fresh Air after angsty protagonists from previous 2 games (Cloud and Squall), awesome personality and backstory.
I liked his jpn voice but didn't like his english voice much in dissidia.
I though jpn voice sounded like he should have been, childish yet mature and serious when situation calls it.
There's so many things to describe on what makes Zidane in my opinion the best protagonist, I just don't know how to put/nail them down with words. :<

Worst - Lightning

First an soldier, then an warrior goddess then an "soul liberator"...?
Ho boy, where will I start with Lightning.
She's so bland and cliched character that it bothers me to no end that why SE keeps making XIII games.
I though Cloud/Squall were bland or cliched characters but..damn..
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#6UnderratedGamerPosted 3/7/2013 1:43:05 AM
Best - Cecil (even though he's one of the only good characters from that game)

Worst - Tidus

Although I feel like this board is going to become a chain of hate from hereon out.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#7Lindaru111Posted 3/7/2013 2:24:50 AM(edited)
ZeroBeatt posted...
Best - Zidane Tribal. He's brave and at the time, an interesting breath of fresh air. He has great back story, a love tale that felt believable instead of being ruined by an abhorrent kissing scene. His personality is almost always sunny despite his small moment of weakness. Though I hated his voice actor choices (English and Japanese) in dissidia and how his personality was dumb down to a shota kid with a 12 year old mindset , his image isn't slandered to me.

Worst - Yuna in X-2. I don't even feel like going into details on this one. I felt she would have made a better protagonist than Tidus in FFX, but when X-2 came around and she was actually filled the role, I instantly changed my mind (OK not really)
---

About Zidane in dissidia, blame Nomura/Toriyama for that
I absolutly HATED for what they did to FFIX cast in dissidia...
First Vivi in KH2 and now Zidane and Kuja in Dissidia(s) *facepalms*

If they changed Zidane's personality from his dissidia one to FFIX one I would have liked it more.
And both voices (english mostly) would have been much more "alive".
(now I don't make much sense here am I? :<)

---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#8Lindaru111Posted 3/7/2013 1:50:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9MalakTawusPosted 3/7/2013 3:19:15 AM
Best: Lightning (I like her a lot, tbh i'm not sure that she is my absolute favorite protagonist in the serie, but considering that my other favs are males i gave her precedence,lol)

Worst: Vaan (It's not that i have anything that i really don't like about him, it's just that imo his character fail to really shine in FFXII and seems to be more of an "observer" than a real protagonist.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#10fftspPosted 3/7/2013 3:34:37 AM
Best:Fang (Yes I consider her a protagonist, 13 was practically a fang and vanille game)

Worst:Vaan