Best and Worst Protagonist in the Series

#21Zantetsuken_GPosted 3/7/2013 5:54:53 AM
Best - tie between Zidane and Ramza. I liked Zidane as he was a charismatic good guy, one of the protagonists I liked. As for Ramza, a hero who fought for his idea even though history wrote as a heretic.

Worst - Vaan as he really doesn't drive the story cept for delivering a sword. To be honest I would rather have seen a Reks storyline than Vaan.
---
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
#22nfobiaPosted 3/7/2013 6:26:17 AM
Best either Terra or Zidane. I gotta agree that Zidane was really good as protagonist after previous whiny emo dudes. Terra's whole story is just awesome like whole FFVI.

Worst, obviously Vaan. No words needed. If Basch is considered real protagonist, he is not that much better. Really cliche older warrior dude.
#23darksydex3226Posted 3/7/2013 6:28:41 AM
My favorite protagonist is Zack from CC: FFVII. He's got a great personality, he's built tough, and he has a really cool character design. He really needs to be featured in a better game as the main character, as I wasn't crazy about Crisis Core. My runner up was Cecil from FFIV.

My most disliked... now this is a tough one. I think I'd have to go with Lightning, she's just very boring to me (much like how I felt about FFXIII as a whole). I would've liked to say Vaan from FFXII, but unfortunately I couldn't bear through enough of the game to validate that choice, compared to how much time I spent on XIII.
---
The dude abides.
#24Rydiafan013Posted 3/7/2013 6:43:53 AM
Best - Celes

Worst - Vaan
#25MizunoRyuuPosted 3/7/2013 6:55:32 AM
Best: Serah. Pretty much everyone else is some sort of battle-hardened emotionless soldier, a coward or a brat, but she's actually believable as a character, and I feel like I'd get along with her.

Worst: Probably Squall. Pathetic angsty b*tch.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#26vanni_boiPosted 3/7/2013 6:56:01 AM
Best: Terra - you go through so much with the character in a 2D game and you're still able to feel what she's going though.

Worst: Squall - what a douche..
---
Brawl FC 5327 1184 8165 (KS - SideB) // PSN: vanniboi
#27ReiShingami1Posted 3/7/2013 7:03:42 AM
Best: Ramza, everyone was against him/used him, even his best friend and one of his brothers, he even came back from depths of hell.

Worst: I don't really have one, i just like them all.
---
PSN: ReiShingami
#28Shishio07Posted 3/7/2013 7:10:39 AM
1 Cloud (FF7 is and always will be the best)
2 Ramza (Tactics easily has the best/most adult themed storyline)
3 Cecil (Unlike most FF protagonists, he is not really whiny, just heads through everything)
4 Squall (Having a rival that wasn't majorly overpowered really helped humanize him)
5 Zack (I was surprised how good his character is, but he is only a side story)
6 Zidane (Being a thief archetype hurts him as a main, but at least a decent character)
7 Firion (Same idea as Bartz really)
8 Bartz (While the job system is cool it lacks to give Bartz any real long run impact)
9 Ceodore (Ends up being kind of second fiddle to his father)
10 Tidus (He's a decent character but really whiny, even by FF standards)
11 Lightning (I just didn't really like FF13 at all)
12 Terra (I don't consider her much of a protagonist as your never forced to use her)
13 Vaan (Same reason as Terra, but also an awful character)
14 Vincent (He's a cool character, but a terrible protagonist)
15 Luneth (Admittedly i'm not too familiar with FF3)
16 Yuna (X-2 was just a terrible game all around)
#29TiaelPosted 3/7/2013 7:14:52 AM(edited)
Best: Zidane, Terra - Just overall awesome, both, and
the Angel of Death, Half Esper/Half Human.

Worst: Luneth

Granted, should be favorite/least favorite, since I like all characters.
---
Hoping for: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Dragon Quest VII 3DS localization.
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#30NolaxPosted 3/7/2013 7:37:46 AM
Best: Zidane

Worst: Lightning