Best and Worst Protagonist in the Series

#41SandOnMyBootPosted 3/7/2013 10:53:44 AM
Best: Zidane & Terra are both extremely well developed.

Worst: I'm leaning towards Lightning on this one.
#42shagohad3Posted 3/7/2013 10:58:47 AM
Best: Zidane and Ramza. Both are awesome and don't get all whiney(even though Ramza HAS a lot of reasons to do so.)

Worst: Cloud. Yeah i'm going to get a lot of flake for this but I think the Zack plot ruined Cloud's character for me.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#43shagohad3Posted 3/7/2013 11:07:04 AM
Romangelo posted...
faruway posted...
Romangelo posted...
Best - Bartz, Terra, Squall and Ramza

Worst - Zidane

why Zidane? lame design, being an ultimate rip-off character. the name from Zidane the footballer and the look from Sun Goku / Sun Wukong.

So? :' Who cares? I like his backstory.

his backstory is a rip-off of Son Goku as well.

an alien who has been sent to destroy the planet but he lost his memories so he didn't do it.

worst protagonist from the worst FF ever. everything in this game look like it has been created in 5 minutes while Sakaguchi was sitting on the toilet. it's a throw away game anyway.

I don't get your hate for 9. At least my disdain for 7 comes from it's overexposure.
---
PSN: shagohad12
I got a bucket full of my head, and i'm about to make it rain!
#44RomangeloPosted 3/7/2013 11:27:49 AM
shagohad3 posted...
Romangelo posted...
faruway posted...
Romangelo posted...
Best - Bartz, Terra, Squall and Ramza

Worst - Zidane

why Zidane? lame design, being an ultimate rip-off character. the name from Zidane the footballer and the look from Sun Goku / Sun Wukong.

So? :' Who cares? I like his backstory.

his backstory is a rip-off of Son Goku as well.

an alien who has been sent to destroy the planet but he lost his memories so he didn't do it.

worst protagonist from the worst FF ever. everything in this game look like it has been created in 5 minutes while Sakaguchi was sitting on the toilet. it's a throw away game anyway.

I don't get your hate for 9. At least my disdain for 7 comes from it's overexposure.

IX is more overexposed and overrated by a lot of people for the last 3-4 years.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#45AirMage7777Posted 3/7/2013 12:13:46 PM
Best: Zidane

Worst: Squall. That an ass.

And why do people consider Locke as the overall MC of FFVI?? He's even more overrated than Cloud. At least Cloud is the real MC of FFVII, and unlike Locke faced the main antagonist in the final battle
#46Benden_78Posted 3/7/2013 12:35:59 PM
EliteGuard99 posted...
Best: Zidane, he was just such a likeable guy.

Worst: Locke, his side-quest is one of the worst in the game thanks to the magic of selective amnesia, and even with his side quest/backstory he's still a extremely one-dimensional character.
Whats even worse is the number of people who ACTUALLY THINK HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER of FFVI, despite having little to no influence in the main plot other than being a part of the returners.

I guess some people consider Locke as the main character of FFVI just because they refuse to accept female as the main character. Most of FF protagonists have boring DIDs as their love interest : Rosa, Rinoa, Aerith, Garnet, Yuna. Though Celes had some DID moments as well, but really she was the only love interest who didn't suck.
#47ZeroBeattPosted 3/7/2013 12:41:05 PM
UnderratedGamer posted...
Best - Cecil (even though he's one of the only good characters from that game)

Worst - Tidus

Although I feel like this board is going to become a chain of hate from hereon out.

I'm so glad to see some Cecil love here.
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#48ZeroBeattPosted 3/7/2013 1:21:58 PM
Lindaru111 posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
Best - Zidane Tribal. He's brave and at the time, an interesting breath of fresh air. He has great back story, a love tale that felt believable instead of being ruined by an abhorrent kissing scene. His personality is almost always sunny despite his small moment of weakness. Though I hated his voice actor choices (English and Japanese) in dissidia and how his personality was dumb down to a shota kid with a 12 year old mindset , his image isn't slandered to me.

Worst - Yuna in X-2. I don't even feel like going into details on this one. I felt she would have made a better protagonist than Tidus in FFX, but when X-2 came around and she was actually filled the role, I instantly changed my mind (OK not really)
---

About Zidane in dissidia, blame Nomura/Toriyama for that
I absolutly HATED for what they did to FFIX cast in dissidia...
First Vivi in KH2 and now Zidane and Kuja in Dissidia(s) *facepalms*

If they changed Zidane's personality from his dissidia one to FFIX one I would have liked it more.
And both voices (english mostly) would have been much more "alive".
(now I don't make much sense here am I? :<)

I do blame Nomura and Toriyama for that part. Kuja, too, was just so terrible in that game >_< Though I think Akira did a great job of Kuja's Japanese voice. Wish I could say the same for the English one. As for Zidane. In Dissidia I felt he was turned into some little kid. He was pretty mature in IX and it showed through his personality. As much as I like Romi Paku (Japanese voice actress) I just didn't like it for Zidane. I also don't recall him being so short. His game style had a chibi look but in his world he should be considered standard size for a 16 year old teenager. I mean if he's taller than Garnet, then she would be a dwarf in this game. Instead of making him maybe a little shorter than Tidus and Vaan, they made him nearly 1/2 of Squall.

I would have liked Reuben Langdon, Jim Singer or Mark Gatha to voice him because Bryce Papenbrook sounds weird here. As for Japanese I would have liked Hiro Shimono.
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#49ManaYukaPosted 3/7/2013 7:10:16 PM
Bast- Zidane and Cloud

Worst- Too bad Rinoa isnt an option seriously the worst Heroine but I digress....Tidus was pretty bad
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#50ExtremeLightPosted 3/7/2013 8:05:08 PM
Best: Yuna and Lightning
Worst: Sazh... No seriously he is like nothing.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.