Best and Worst Protagonist in the Series

#51Jecths_FaythPosted 3/7/2013 9:05:24 PM
Best: Squall or Zack for me.

Worst: I can only vote Vaan here. Very little story relevance in XII, though that did change in RW.
---
The Official Snow Villiers of the FFXV Boards
My girlfriend's book : https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/283961
#52DemonPathRevyaPosted 3/7/2013 11:31:05 PM
Best - Ramza Beolve by a very large margin. Idealism without sacrifice is meaningless. Ramza gave up everything but his belief in what was right. No matter what happened, or who called him wrong, he never gave up. He never gets the luxury to have different voices or friendly faces to remind him what he was fighting for, because all of these voices were to preoccupied with cursing his existing by then. He gave all of his strength and it took all of his willpower, only to be betrayed, back stabbed and possibly left for dead. Words don't describe how admirable he was especially for only sixteen.

Worst - This answer easily goes to Tidus for me. There really isn't anything that I can say I like about him outside of gameplay. I dislike his character design. I admire the idea of him being an upbeat person, but his personality falls under the borderline stupid instead. His character development was weak in my opinion and only even noticeable at the very end. I almost can't stand his dialogue 70% of the time and what's worse is he talks almost all the time. His little "dream" subplot was the low of the game for me and I couldn't have been any less interested. The biggest thing that gets on my nerves is love story with Yuna. I thought I'd blow chunks when they locked lips.
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
[Yoshida designs > Nomura designs]
#53UnderratedGamerPosted 3/8/2013 2:03:53 AM
AirMage7777 posted...
Best: Zidane

Worst: Squall. That an ass.

And why do people consider Locke as the overall MC of FFVI?? He's even more overrated than Cloud. At least Cloud is the real MC of FFVII, and unlike Locke faced the main antagonist in the final battle

Lol Locke overrated?

More than Cloud? This is probably one of the few posts on Gfaqs OUTSIDE of the FF6 boards that merely mention Locke and you think that he's more overrated than Cloud...who is mentioned more times than any other FF character in any of their respected games. A big chunk of this praise is from looks alone. And you think that Locke is overrated?

Okay then. You can continue preaching your crazy propaganda about Locke being overrated.
---
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived." - Isaac Asimov
#54ragnarokiusPosted 3/8/2013 3:20:28 AM
Zidane

Hope.
---
http://tinyurl.com/8pnek9m
#55LuBu1975Posted 3/8/2013 3:22:14 AM
Best: Cloud (and why not) - He is FF imo. The hero of the biggest and most memorable FF.

Worst: Zidane - Ugly monkey boy who looks weak and doesn't have a heroic personality at all. More like a secondary character from the better FFs. On par with Zell, Snow, Barrett etc.
---
Playing: Ken's Rage 2, AC3, MG Rising.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: ASoIaF (again).
#56ragnarokiusPosted 3/8/2013 3:22:36 AM
UnderratedGamer posted...
AirMage7777 posted...
Best: Zidane

Worst: Squall. That an ass.

And why do people consider Locke as the overall MC of FFVI?? He's even more overrated than Cloud. At least Cloud is the real MC of FFVII, and unlike Locke faced the main antagonist in the final battle

Lol Locke overrated?

More than Cloud? This is probably one of the few posts on Gfaqs OUTSIDE of the FF6 boards that merely mention Locke and you think that he's more overrated than Cloud...who is mentioned more times than any other FF character in any of their respected games. A big chunk of this praise is from looks alone. And you think that Locke is overrated?

Okay then. You can continue preaching your crazy propaganda about Locke being overrated.

I wouldn't take anything a user with a name resembling elementmageXXXX too seriously, or better yet seriously at all. It's gimmick is being wrong.
---
#57ragnarokiusPosted 3/8/2013 3:24:31 AM
LuBu1975 posted...
Best: Cloud (and why not) - He is FF imo. The hero of the biggest and most memorable FF.

Worst: Zidane - Ugly monkey boy who looks weak and doesn't have a heroic personality at all. More like a secondary character from the better FFs. On par with Zell, Snow, Barrett etc.

No heroic personality? " You don't need a reason to help people" is his motto.

Or is being wrong your thing, too? We already have a few of those.
---
#58fistpumplikemePosted 3/8/2013 3:25:54 AM
Best is Steiner
Worse is Elice.
#59LuBu1975Posted 3/8/2013 3:29:59 AM
ragnarokius posted...
LuBu1975 posted...

The guys a little thief who feels up the princess he's protecting. None of that is heroic imo.

I am never wrong so give examples unless you're lying. Oh and btw opinion doesn't have right or wrongs.
---
Playing: Ken's Rage 2, AC3, MG Rising.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: ASoIaF (again).
#60ragnarokiusPosted 3/8/2013 3:47:15 AM
LuBu1975 posted...
ragnarokius posted...
LuBu1975 posted...

The guys a little thief who feels up the princess he's protecting. None of that is heroic imo.

I am never wrong so give examples unless you're lying. Oh and btw opinion doesn't have right or wrongs.

I already gave you an example. The quote he was given to define his character does well enough. How do you define heroism, anyway?

Why don't you give an example of how he isn't heroic or has no personality, because I'm just going to say 'the game' as my example. I'm going to ignore the ones you just have because both occur within the first two hours, if that.

And you're sort of correct about opinions not being right or wrong. They can be bad or good, though.
---