Best and Worst Protagonist in the Series

#81ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 7:07:09 AM
LuBu1975 posted...
Tiael posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
Ragnarokius, why are you arguing with someone who slept through FFIX?

Totally understandable since it is a snorefest. But seriously i've played it numerous times and it is far weaker than the other FFs of it's time. I would go as far as to say it only surpasses the snes FFs.

The flaws in that game are numerous and galling. Here's one major example. As we all know one of the goals 99% of rpg players play for is 100% completion. This stupid game comes out with an absurd side-quest (12 hours to reach the end) which makes sure that that will never be possible. Either you'll get the sword and miss the majority of the rest of the game (including cut-scenes) or you'll not get it and have an incomplete Steiner. They weren't even smart enough to duplicate the ability of the sword onto another easier to obtain weapon.

There are many, many other flaws but this one was unforgivable.

Excalibur 2 - Minus Strike & Climhazzard & Stock Break

Excalibur - Climhazzard
Ultima Sword - Stock Break
Iron Sword - Minus Strike

My Steiner certainly isn't "incomplete", and I've never gone for the Excalibur II.
And he still hits for 9999.

Fair enough i'll take your word for it regarding the abilities. But obviously if you can't get his best weapon Steiner will always be incomplete. It has nothing to do with 9999 damage.

Also i find it strange that a IX fan would never go for the sword. That's like accepting that it is a flawed quest. I at least tried.

That is just idiotic. You can learn the abilities of Excalibur 2 from other swords, and you can deal max damage with other swords, so Ex 2 adds NOTHING that would make Steiner more complete than using a different sword.
---
What a thrill, With darkness and silence through the night,
what a thrill, I'm searching and I'll melt into you...
#82TiaelPosted 3/8/2013 7:11:26 AM(edited)
LuBu1975 posted...
Tiael posted...
LuBu1975 posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
Ragnarokius, why are you arguing with someone who slept through FFIX?

Totally understandable since it is a snorefest. But seriously i've played it numerous times and it is far weaker than the other FFs of it's time. I would go as far as to say it only surpasses the snes FFs.

The flaws in that game are numerous and galling. Here's one major example. As we all know one of the goals 99% of rpg players play for is 100% completion. This stupid game comes out with an absurd side-quest (12 hours to reach the end) which makes sure that that will never be possible. Either you'll get the sword and miss the majority of the rest of the game (including cut-scenes) or you'll not get it and have an incomplete Steiner. They weren't even smart enough to duplicate the ability of the sword onto another easier to obtain weapon.

There are many, many other flaws but this one was unforgivable.

Excalibur 2 - Minus Strike & Climhazzard & Stock Break

Excalibur - Climhazzard
Ultima Sword - Stock Break
Iron Sword - Minus Strike

My Steiner certainly isn't "incomplete", and I've never gone for the Excalibur II.
And he still hits for 9999.

Fair enough i'll take your word for it regarding the abilities. But obviously if you can't get his best weapon Steiner will always be incomplete. It has nothing to do with 9999 damage.

Also i find it strange that a IX fan would never go for the sword. That's like accepting that it is a flawed quest. I at least tried.

Not really, I just never felt like it.
One day I will, but not anytime soon with my backlog.
I miss too much, I get more done going through the game at my own pace than in 12 hours.

And Steiner is still complete, but hey.

Only thing I'll agree with is Triple Triad from VIII being better, and the ATB could be sped up (though when I get Auto-Haste, really not an issue), otherwise, it will always be a top 5.

---
Hoping for: Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Dragon Quest VII 3DS localization.
Dragon Quest>Ys>SMT>Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#83RomangeloPosted 3/8/2013 7:14:53 AM
FFIX isn't worth to do 100% complete anyway. especially for a character like Steiner. it's like trying to grind Wakka or Barrett to his max status. freaking pointless and waste of time.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#84ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 7:15:35 AM
Romangelo posted...
Wakka

You mean the character with the most damaging Overdrive in the game?
---
#85TiaelPosted 3/8/2013 7:18:38 AM
And Ungarmax from Barret has the potential to outdamage Omnislash, and with miniscule animation.
Not even his Level 4 Limit.
---
#86RomangeloPosted 3/8/2013 7:21:09 AM
not worth for me cuz I only use 2 women and the main protagonist in every game.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#87LuBu1975Posted 3/8/2013 7:22:11 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
That is just idiotic. You can learn the abilities of Excalibur 2 from other swords, and you can deal max damage with other swords, so Ex 2 adds NOTHING that would make Steiner more complete than using a different sword.

I hate to keep correcting you but the weapons had innate status effects/elements. Excalibur 2 (very original name btw) had Holy element. So technically it does add something.
---
Playing: Ken's Rage 2, AC3, MG Rising.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: ASoIaF (again).
#88ReposessionManPosted 3/8/2013 7:23:56 AM
LuBu1975 posted...
ReposessionMan posted...

I hate to keep correcting you but the weapons had innate status effects/elements. Excalibur 2 (very original name btw) had Holy element. So technically it does add something.

Excalibur is also holy elemental.

God, what a fail.
---
#89TiaelPosted 3/8/2013 7:24:29 AM
So does the first Excalibur.
And if you're already hitting for 9999, having elemental damage isn't going to help.
---
#90TiaelPosted 3/8/2013 7:24:59 AM
Romangelo posted...
not worth for me cuz I only use 2 women and the main protagonist in every game.

Of course you do, I bet you dream of Eiko.
---