Given the last two games couldn't even beat Persona 3 Portable I have low hopes

#1RX0megaPosted 3/15/2013 1:28:56 AM
for this game being top tier. Final Fantasy XIII scored a mere 83 on Metacritic, XIII-2 scored a woeful (for a high budget game) 79. Meanwhile every single version of Persona 3 scored 86 (the original) or above.

I hold little hope for this game to do better, nor for the seemingly hyped for no good reason Versus. Do you think that the FF franchise can pull itself together before it becomes a low tier jrpg series?
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#2kupo1705Posted 3/15/2013 1:33:09 AM
Ok?
#3dils-dPosted 3/15/2013 1:38:08 AM
Ok!
---
With glasses I now look like a lesbian librarian. A sexy lesbian librarian.
I'm not sure what to do with this info.
#4RX0mega(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:42:25 AM
Good to see two people agree with me then. However the point of posting any topic is seeing other peoples views, sooo...
---
#5HAAH_WAAWPosted 3/15/2013 1:59:54 AM(edited)
b-but persona(SMT) has always been better than final fantasy!

lol metacritic scores. that's what I get for posting without reading the OP.
#6RomangeloPosted 3/15/2013 2:03:51 AM
Persona 3 SnoreFESt ?

I deleted it from my PS3 long time ago.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#7TheGreatPotatoPosted 3/15/2013 2:08:21 AM
Romangelo posted...
Persona 3 SnoreFESt ?

You can play it on the ps3?
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56
#8AngryGFAQerPosted 3/15/2013 2:09:15 AM
Romangelo posted...
Persona 3 SnoreFESt ?

But it's a dating sim! You can be your usual rapey, pedo self in it.

http://i.imgur.com/T2pVq.jpg
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#9RX0mega(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 2:23:55 AM
Romangelo posted...
Persona 3 SnoreFESt ?

Because spamming auto-battle in every battle in XIII-2 and still winning because the game was so freaking easy was sooooooo not boring. And Nyx >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every final boss in modern FF. And Battle For Everyone's Souls is one of the best final boss themes of all time.

And it should also be mentioned that Persona, regardless of whether you want to bash these elements, is actually a role playing game. You know, where you genuinely assume the role of the main character. Final Fantasy hasn't had any of that in decades.

TheGreatPotato posted...

FES is in the PS2 classic section on PSN, in the US at any rate. I prefer Portable though since the AI problems are no longer something you have to deal with and the VN style actually suits it.

AngryGFAQer posted...
Romangelo posted...
Persona 3 SnoreFESt ?

Rape requires the sex to be non-consensual, and pedo requires them to all be pre-pubescent rather than at age of consent and long since past starting puberty. Just sayin. XIII-2 is worse than P3 in this anyway, it has Caius fawning over Yeul, a girl clearly pre-pubescent and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay younger than him.
---
#10AngryGFAQerPosted 3/15/2013 2:28:23 AM
RX0mega posted...
Romangelo posted...
Persona 3 SnoreFESt ?

Because spamming auto-battle in every battle in XIII-2 and still winning because the game was so freaking easy was sooooooo not boring. And Nyx >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every final boss in modern FF. And Battle For Everyone's Souls is one of the best final boss themes of all time.

And it should also be mentioned that Persona, regardless of whether you want to bash these elements, is actually a role playing game. You know, where you genuinely assume the role of the main character. Final Fantasy hasn't had any of that in decades.

TheGreatPotato posted...

FES is in the PS2 classic section on PSN, in the US at any rate. I prefer Portable though since the AI problems are no longer something you have to deal with and the VN style actually suits it.

AngryGFAQer posted...
Romangelo posted...
Persona 3 SnoreFESt ?

Rape requires the sex to be non-consensual, and pedo requires them to all be pre-pubescent rather than at age of consent and long since past starting puberty. Just sayin. XIII-2 is worse than P3 in this anyway, it has Caius fawning over Yeul, a girl clearly pre-pubescent and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay younger than him.

... erm, the female MC could.... 'date' Ken Amada in PES.

Hence.... pedophilia in P3.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.