Have Snow ever had a job?

#1dils-dPosted 3/15/2013 1:18:37 PM
Seems like he was mooching off Serah, who in turn was mooching off Lightning. No wonder she hated the bastard.
---
With glasses I now look like a lesbian librarian. A sexy lesbian librarian.
I'm not sure what to do with this info.
#2darkphoenix181Posted 3/15/2013 1:20:53 PM
Wasn't his job security guard of Bhodham?
At least in FFXIII-2 but then he leaves to find Lightning.
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.
#3dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:23:42 PM(edited)
Wiki says the original function of NORA was to keep monsters out of Bodhum.

Seeing as the group later turns into a terrorist organization I'm going to go ahead and claim that they were not supported by the government.
---
#4darkphoenix181Posted 3/15/2013 1:25:48 PM
dils-d posted...
Wiki says the original function of NORA was to keep monsters out of Bodhum.

Seeing as the group later turns into a terrorist organization I'm going to go ahead and claim that they were not supported by the government.

Doesn't mean they didn't get paid. If he got paid, it was a job. Or rather, by killing the monsters he could sell the fangs and stuff like in the game. So he made money.

I mean, if he was poor, no way he could keep that physique. Him and Gadot must down steaks like doritos.
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.
#5madapocketPosted 3/15/2013 1:27:41 PM
I think they were making a living with Lebreau's bar. I mean, they grew vegetables on their own and everything, which was quite rare on Cocoon. Plus, Lebreau's bar was pretty popular, so it's likely they had their income from that.
---
#fat #noel
#6dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 1:31:25 PM(edited)
darkphoenix181 posted...
Doesn't mean they didn't get paid. If he got paid, it was a job. Or rather, by killing the monsters he could sell the fangs and stuff like in the game. So he made money.

Payed by who may I ask, seeing as the group is described as 'the neighborhood watch'.

Considering the cost of everything in that game (good luck farming Gorgonopsids if you need money), I doubt he earned enough to stay alive.
---
#7SamcittPosted 3/15/2013 1:34:53 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...

He helped NORA defend New Bodhum from monsters but that was only because there were no soldiers. The original Bodhum however only had minor disturbances prior to the purge and it was defended by Lightning and the Guardian Corps. There was no need for Snow or his ecletic goons. Snow was a self-proclaimed heroic welfare bum from what the game suggests. Unless the state pays for the unemployed (which makes sense if they want the humans to increase in number) then I assume Lightning pays to keep her sister (who is a university student and I assume does not work that much) but also Snow. One full time job and two dependents. No wonder she has a chip on her shoulder and acts like she has a stick up her ass.
#8darkphoenix181Posted 3/15/2013 1:37:42 PM
Samcitt posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

He helped NORA defend New Bodhum from monsters but that was only because there were no soldiers. The original Bodhum however only had minor disturbances prior to the purge and it was defended by Lightning and the Guardian Corps. There was no need for Snow or his ecletic goons. Snow was a self-proclaimed heroic welfare bum from what the game suggests. Unless the state pays for the unemployed (which makes sense if they want the humans to increase in number) then I assume Lightning pays to keep her sister (who is a university student and I assume does not work that much) but also Snow. One full time job and two dependents. No wonder she has a chip on her shoulder and acts like she has a stick up her ass.

Hmm. Good point. I think the Fal'Cie did alot of work for the humans. Maybe Lightning didn't even get paid, she just liked to be a soldier. Wasn't Cocoon society totally dependent on the Fal'Cie. If so, in what ways?
---
#9SamcittPosted 3/15/2013 1:45:32 PM
Apart from Eden who keeps it levitated and Barthandelus who likes to indulge in a death fetish you have Kujata who provides power, Leviathan who provides clean water, Carbuncle who provides food and Phoenix who provides the weather and sunlight. All the necessities are continuously provided for and I assume Barthandelus was mostly in charge of providing the society. In either case all their essentials are provided for and I assume Cocoon is post-scarcity which limits the need for money (if not eliminates it entirely.)
#10darkphoenix181Posted 3/15/2013 1:46:43 PM
Samcitt posted...
Apart from Eden who keeps it levitated and Barthandelus who likes to indulge in a death fetish you have Kujata who provides power, Leviathan who provides clean water, Carbuncle who provides food and Phoenix who provides the weather and sunlight. All the necessities are continuously provided for and I assume Barthandelus was mostly in charge of providing the society. In either case all their essentials are provided for and I assume Cocoon is post-scarcity which limits the need for money (if not eliminates it entirely.)

So Snow probably had no job but also didn't need Lightning to support him since Carbuncle would give him steaks.
---