Final Fantasy needs more GREAT CHARACTERS like TIDUS

#1NotChris_HansenPosted 3/18/2013 7:25:03 PM
Tidus was a compelling, relatable character. His motivations were BELIEVABLE and his dialogue was well-written and often PROFOUND.

The situations in which Tidus found himself were relatable insofar as they were FANTASTICAL ALLEGORIES for the trials and tribulations we all face in real life at some point: for example, Tidus' reserved, passionless relationship with Yuna is just like all successful romances. And let's not forget the SENSITIVE DEPICTION of the paternal abuse which Tidus was subjected to, because after all, abusive fathers in real life in fact love their children deeply but simply can't express their true feelings. And Tidus' passion for Blitzball is comparable to the LOVE OF SPORT that Final Fantasy fans are known for.

Final Fantasy X is a fantastic game with a great story. Square Enix's attempts to recapture its glories are a RECIPE FOR SUCCESS!
#2Tobi011Posted 3/18/2013 7:30:59 PM
Meh. I never really like Tidus but he is well made character. They just need to make more well made character, they don't have to be like Tidus.
#3VanilleHopenPosted 3/18/2013 7:40:47 PM
it always bothered me that nobody called tidus by his name..

they were always like hey... you, buddy,,,,,,, son of jecht........
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#4hyro56Posted 3/18/2013 7:42:01 PM
>GREAT
>TIDUS

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#5DarkKnightCessiPosted 3/18/2013 9:13:15 PM
lol
---
The Official "Hallowed Father, the First Sire" of all FF boards
#6fftspPosted 3/18/2013 9:21:06 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
it always bothered me that nobody called tidus by his name..

they were always like hey... you, buddy,,,,,,, son of jecht........

It's because you could give Tidus any name you wanted
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#7UnderratedGamerPosted 3/18/2013 9:36:10 PM
Is this a joke topic?

Putting 'Tidus' and 'Great' together is an oxymoron.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.
#8BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 3/18/2013 9:48:46 PM
Tidus was a compelling, relatable character. His motivations were BELIEVABLE and his dialogue was well-written and often PROFOUND.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MRmxfLuNto
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#9RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 3/18/2013 10:37:06 PM
Final Fantasy needs more characters like Laguna from FFVIII. That guys was both likable and funny.
#10RomangeloPosted 3/18/2013 11:02:01 PM(edited)
Tidus haters are too dumb to understand his story.

they only like the instant generic badass characters but Tidus is a character that you can witness him become a man!!
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I