For a game based on fashion

#51Capitan_KidPosted 3/20/2013 2:06:06 AM
We've barely seen any of the outfits. You shouldn't jump the gun so quickly. Especially when it's something you know so little about
---
D-O-G-A-R-S DOGARS!!
Official Husband of Nowi
#52MalakTawusPosted 3/20/2013 3:05:39 AM
Ridiculous.
I have seen high fashion collections that are way more strange than the 3 Lightning's outfits seen so far, WAY WAY more strange.

Also imo it doesn't make any sense to judge the fashion sense in a FF game since they are set in a completely different world than our own.......not to mention that generally FF main characters are not considered "normal" even in their own world,lol.

Anyway i generally have no problem to love even very strange looking outfits, in fact strangeness is not even a factor that i consider for me liking or not an outfit.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#53Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 6:09:08 AM
MalakTawus posted...
Ridiculous.
I have seen high fashion collections that are way more strange than the 3 Lightning's outfits seen so far, WAY WAY more strange.

Also imo it doesn't make any sense to judge the fashion sense in a FF game since they are set in a completely different world than our own.......not to mention that generally FF main characters are not considered "normal" even in their own world,lol.

Yes, it's a different world. Made by people in this world. For people in this world. It should appeal to people in this world.

Anyway i generally have no problem to love even very strange looking outfits, in fact strangeness is not even a factor that i consider for me liking or not an outfit.

I don't mind strange, I mind bad. This game is pushing it.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#54Elice_CarolPosted 3/20/2013 6:44:26 AM
And these are the guys that collab'd with Prada.
---
"When you meet your God, tell Him to LEAVE ME THE *(&)% ALONE.'' - Guts
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#55MalakTawusPosted 3/20/2013 7:12:28 AM
@Enferolunos

BS. Even if it's made by people of this world (obviously......unless people at SE are aliens,lol) since the context is NOT of this world it doesn't have to follow the fashion sense of the real world.
Also what in your opinion looks like crap for someone else it may look cool.
Example? I like the outfits seen so far, especially "Equilibrium".
Only morons go around talking as if they can judge in an objective way what looks good and what looks bad, it's just a matter of opinion and personal taste, nothing more.

Also, like i have already said, there are collections in the real world that are 10 times crazier than those 3 outfits, but even so they are considered great dresses.

There is no good or bad fashion in an absolute sense,at beast there may be good or bad fashion connected with a proper context.

What now can be considered trash, years in the future (or in a different culture) could be considered great.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#56MalakTawusPosted 3/20/2013 7:16:16 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
And these are the guys that collab'd with Prada.

Not only with Prada, in Versus some of the dresses (and shoes iirc) are taken from a real collection, infact in Versus' world has many similarities with our modern world so using real clothes fits very well.
---
#57Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 7:50:36 AM
MalakTawus posted...
@Enferolunos

BS. Even if it's made by people of this world (obviously......unless people at SE are aliens,lol) since the context is NOT of this world it doesn't have to follow the fashion sense of the real world.

No, it doesn't have to follow fashion sense of this world, but it has to appeal to this world. You know, because people in this world are buying it? This may be too complicated. FFXIII may not have had earthly fashion sense, but it at least looked good. I would say the same for most other FF games.
"It's not of this world" isn't an excuse for terrible designs. Creativity is good, but quality is equally important.

Also what in your opinion looks like crap for someone else it may look cool.
Example? I like the outfits seen so far, especially "Equilibrium".
Only morons go around talking as if they can judge in an objective way what looks good and what looks bad, it's just a matter of opinion and personal taste, nothing more.

Also, like i have already said, there are collections in the real world that are 10 times crazier than those 3 outfits, but even so they are considered great dresses.

There is no good or bad fashion in an absolute sense,at beast there may be good or bad fashion connected with a proper context.

What now can be considered trash, years in the future (or in a different culture) could be considered great.

Note: earlier in the topic, I corrected it from "fashion" to "playing dress up"
High fashion is also terrible
And there may not be "objective good" or "objective bad" for things like this, but there is majority opinion. If most people think it's bad, the defense of "it's all opinion" won't help you sell your game.
---
Currently awaiting: Pikmin 3, Lunar Knights 2, LM:DM, AC:NL, XY, X, WW HD, LoZ U, LR:FFXIII, FFVXIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#58MalakTawusPosted 3/20/2013 1:42:25 PM
".....it has to appeal to this world"

It seems it appeals to me and others........and trust me, i'm from this world, i'm not an alien,lol.

You have absolutely no way to say that those dresses have a "terrible design", you just don't like them, that's what i'm saying.
To say that those dresses have a terrible design implies that there is an objective way to judge if a design is good or bad, and sorry to inform you, it simply doesn't exists an objective view like that.

You can try to give a judgment like that ONLY if you can create a relation to the context that design is supposed to exist (but even in that case you are only giving a judgment based on that specific context, not in a general way) , but since that design is supposed to exist in a world that doesn't exists, you have ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to complain about the design in an objective way, the most you can say is that YOU don't like it.

The instant you try to give your argument an objective value is the instant where you are clearly saying something stupid.

"High fashion is also terrible"

That is your personal judgment (and often i also agree with that) but it doesn't have in any way an objective value.
What for us may be a crappy dress for someone else it could be an amazing dress, that's how it is kid.

"And there may not be "objective good" or "objective bad" for things like this, but there is majority opinion. If most people think it's bad, the defense of "it's all opinion" won't help you sell your game."

This complain is weak as hell 'cause with so many dresses at our disposal (plus colour editing plus extra accessories) there will be surely some outfits to love and some others to hate for everyone.
I have played tons of games before with multiple dresses and sure as hell it's 100% normal to like only some of the ones at your disposal.
People that continue to cry over this matter are clearly people that would complain about everything in this game or geniuses that don't even understand that there are still tons of other outfits that are yet to be revealed (and almost surely the coolest ones won't be revealed at all......same with the best shields and weapons).
Not to mention that there will almost surely be even optional DLCs costumes that could expand the choice even more........
So yes, thinking that SE will have selling problems in LR for the fashion sense is clearly an absurd idea since there will surely be cool outfits for all different tastes.........of course if you pretend to like almost all the different dresses present in the game, well, than it's just your fault for being super naive.
---