Do you mind the inevitably cheesy dialogue?

#11RX0megaPosted 3/19/2013 11:54:23 PM
No. If I minded horrible and corny dialog I wouldn't have played a single Final Fantasy game, since it has been a staple of the franchise since the old SNES days with IV and VI. People need to stop bashing the XIII games for things that have been in the franchise forever (and don't waste my time by saying "but I didn't say that", you insinuated it with this topic and it would be an insult to both our intellects if you say otherwise).
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#12kupo1705Posted 3/20/2013 12:02:49 AM
I ate some cheese this morning.
It was good.
#13XclaimPosted 3/20/2013 12:23:52 AM
Q Slick posted...
It's a JRPG. If cheesy dialogue was a problem, I wouldn't own any JRPGs.

What this guy said. It's kinda like asking if I mind Final Fantasy at all.
---
Sabretooth: "End of the line, runt. Got any last words?"
Wolverine: "Yeah, two." SNIKT!!! SNIKT!!!
#14VekkererPosted 3/20/2013 1:49:16 AM
I don't mind cheese in general, as long as it's good cheese. It's the rotten, bad cheese that upsets my stomach that I can't handle.

Odds are that LR is going to be more of the second one.
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#15arvilinoPosted 3/20/2013 2:46:28 AM
Yeah I've been used to it from Final Fantasy IV through XIII-2.
#16kuro-shinigamiPosted 3/20/2013 3:09:24 AM
I don't mind it as long as its not one line which gets repeated over and over like "Courage is the magic the turns dreams to reality" >.> *shudders*
---
Eggplant
#17MysteryVeilPosted 3/20/2013 3:16:23 AM
kuro-shinigami posted...
I don't mind it as long as its not one line which gets repeated over and over like "Courage is the magic the turns dreams to reality" >.> *shudders*

And yet with the amount of times you say you heard that line, you still didn't get it right.

"Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality."
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#18MalakTawusPosted 3/20/2013 3:24:39 AM
I doubt it will be a problem for me, especially since it will be just a minor part of the whole dialogues in the game.

Some people hear a few cheesy phrases out of context in a trailer (that btw, being a trailer, it's not so strange to have "over the top" lines, it happens very often) and already talk as if they have aleady heard the whole script.
With this i'm not denying that there will be almost surely cheesy dialogues, especially since they were already present in FFXIII and even more in FFXIII-2, i'm just saying that imo some people are going way overboard with the judgement even whan we know basically 0,0001% (LoL) of the lines in the whole game.
Come on, some people even commented that even the recent image where Lightning talk about the treasure is another indication that the dialogue is bad, if that's not being absurd i don't know how to call it.....

Anyway i have played games, watched anime and read mangas with way more cheesy lines than any FF game and it was never a big problem for me.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#19King_Shortt_IXPosted 3/20/2013 3:44:10 AM
Yes. FF has done a better job with the dialogue in the past, so what we are getting now is insulting.

I thought X-2 was rather cheesy, but the Lightning Saga takes it to a new level.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#20dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 4:17:28 AM
RX0mega posted...
No. If I minded horrible and corny dialog I wouldn't have played a single Final Fantasy game, since it has been a staple of the franchise since the old SNES days with IV and VI. People need to stop bashing the XIII games for things that have been in the franchise forever (and don't waste my time by saying "but I didn't say that", you insinuated it with this topic and it would be an insult to both our intellects if you say otherwise).

VII and XII are nowhere near the level of cheesy XIII-2 is.
---
Final Fantasy XII - The story so far:
Dr. Cid is smashing and what the hell is Reddas wearing