heh how sad is it, that square has to announce the inclusion of "shops?"

#61kirusuPosted 3/21/2013 2:37:12 PM
LenneValkirye posted...
The "dark age" was between FFIX and FFXI (except for FFX-2, that one was good. Did it come out before or after FFXI by the way?).

And, as I said, there is no written rule that says that a videogame, even a RPG, MUST include traditional shops.
SE just said that LR will have them. End of the story. No need to comment on it or anything.

who the hell makes a rpg without the use of shops? even if its not a shop related theme, anything that includes atleast a upgrade is considered to me shopping. if i can spend something to get something it is shopping. no rpg out there has ever abandoned a shop
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#62chaosflame108(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:44:07 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
Did they really "announce" the inclusion of shops, however? They just showed a few screens of them while the bigger focus was on the Dead Dunes, so really, I think you're just whining.

heheheh such a kind and considerate person, eh?

I take it you missed that interview where it was said "FINAL FANTASY 13: LIGHTNING RETURNS WILL FEATURE MORE SHOPS THAN ANY FINAL FANTASY PREVIOUSLY." -___-
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#63chaosflame108(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:46:37 PM
If Square-Enix actually "listened" to the fanbase, we would get AAA Final Fantasy games. Not sup-par ones. SE does what it wants, when it wants, wherever is wants to.

Just curious, what makes an "AAA final fantasy" game exactly? I swear if you say world maps I'm gonna lol so hard.
---
#64VekkererPosted 3/21/2013 2:52:19 PM(edited)
While I agree that promising to inclide shops in your announcements is a bit redundant ("In Final Fantasy XV; we're going to include BOSSES!" ), why must you find a way to blame a "whiny fanbase" for it? >.>
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#65DragoonGriffithPosted 3/21/2013 2:56:44 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
If Square-Enix actually "listened" to the fanbase, we would get AAA Final Fantasy games. Not sup-par ones. SE does what it wants, when it wants, wherever is wants to.

Just curious, what makes an "AAA final fantasy" game exactly? I swear if you say world maps I'm gonna lol so hard.

Controllable Airships!
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif
#66kirusuPosted 3/21/2013 2:59:19 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
chaosflame108 posted...

Controllable Airships!

we need a world map to use airships. ffx-2 had an airship, but no world map.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#67DragoonGriffithPosted 3/21/2013 3:01:21 PM
Ok, then I'll go with random encounters. -_-
---
http://i.imgur.com/ugfYWuG.gif
#68Q SlickPosted 3/21/2013 3:03:42 PM

If SE listened to the fanbase, they'd get about 20 million different versions of what a "AAA" Final Fantasy game is. Trying to please everyone is an almost surefire way to please no one.

As to the "more shops!" comment, I don't suppose anyone's considered that this is SE's way of "heckling" those complainers who seemed to make such a big deal about them; i.e. "they don't really care about storyline or gameplay or any other innovative things we're doing. It's all about the ****ing STORES to them, so let's tease them by focusing way too much attention on them."

If the fanbase here is any indication; I'll find it hilarious--but in no way surprising--if the reaction this game gets after it comes out is "There are too many shops!"
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#69chaosflame108(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:07:57 PM
Vekkerer posted...
While I agree that promising to inclide shops in your announcements is a bit redundant ("In Final Fantasy XV; we're going to include BOSSES!" ), why must you find a way to blame a "whiny fanbase" for it? >.>

Hey man, I just go by what I see. While 13-2 was in development, square commented multiple times on how they were listening to consumer feedback.

Go on any message boards, and people constantly complain about the apparent lack of "TOWNS!!!3094839048390." When defenders rise up and exclaim how 13 and 13-2 have towns, the antis responds with "lollifelessworldsavepointshopsherpderp."

So I feel if Enix is advertising the inclusion of shops, it's possibly because of hater outcry.
---
#70ZeroBeattPosted 3/21/2013 4:11:03 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
FrozenXylophone posted...
I guess the fans actually know what the fans want more than Square?

Fans don't know what they want. And neither does Square.

We're all just floating around in this fan base gumbo really.
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV