Is SE still a elite company

#1LightningxFangPosted 3/22/2013 4:23:23 AM
Do you think it is?

Its one thing that we're so f****ing spoiled wth HD games but really, the regular gamers standards are way better than what SE is trying to do atm.

Once a great company, now i see it falling deeper in the pit. They better step up their game. SQENIX need to outsourse their game sometime.

Also, i heard the SE's offices arent really employee-friendy, they cant even sort out a healthy work enviorment lol. So incompetent.
#2Snorlax_exlaxPosted 3/22/2013 4:25:24 AM
I don't know man...

Seems like a 500 post topic though.

Uh, congrats I guess.
---
http://snorlax-exlax.tumblr.com/image/45639372458
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzb87qir7Cs
#3TwilightChildPosted 3/22/2013 4:28:47 AM
Like many big companies they push too many games too fast which lowers their quality. Also they shun new IPs and only tend to back games that have guaranteed sales.

They're a decent publisher though. But the games they develop themselves these days aren't that great IMO.
---
"Darkness is light's light of darkness as a dark farewell to dark lightness!"
#4LightningxFang(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 4:31:11 AM
TwilightChild posted...
Like many big companies they push too many games too fast which lowers their quality. Also they shun new IPs and only tend to back games that have guaranteed sales.

They're a decent publisher though. But the games they develop themselves these days aren't that great IMO.

All they have to do is sort out distribution, but i agree, thats their area. SE's own indoor productions are LACKING!
#5King_Shortt_IXPosted 3/22/2013 4:54:18 AM
Not anymore. Still an excellent publisher of games, but they seem to have become incompentent at developing their in- house projects.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#6itis41269Posted 3/22/2013 5:34:36 AM
of course it is.... you can't let one bad apple spoil the bunch
---
Nintendo puts the F between the Wii and the U......
#7ReposessionManPosted 3/22/2013 5:39:13 AM
Of course it is. Despite the fact they make crap games now, they are still elite.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2.
#8Jecths_FaythPosted 3/22/2013 6:15:16 AM
They're not as bad as alot of people make them out to be but they don't feel as grandiose as they used to.
---
The Official Snow Villiers of the FFXV Boards.
I support the "Cloud killed Aeris" theory!
#9MonkeySeraphPosted 3/22/2013 7:19:07 AM
The answers is yes but only due to the fact many other elite companies have become incompetent as well.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#10darkphoenix181Posted 3/22/2013 8:23:10 AM
yes. All they have to do is shove out remakes of their older games for awhile. That is how elite they were and that keeps the momentum going for them to stay elite.

Their IP (Final Fantasy) is still huge and has tons of fans and even is still growing. Not to mention they own Eidos who is doing an amazing job (Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, etc)
---
most nostalgic games: FF6-8, Legend of Legaia, Megaman Legends 1-2, Starcraft, Champions of Norrath 1-2. Official Motomu Toriyama of the Final Fantasy XV board.