If this was XIII-2 and Toriyama wasn't bat**** crazy, would this receive as much

#1ragnardemonPosted 3/23/2013 11:44:37 AM
hate as it does? It seems like people are simply writing it off because it's another XIII game, and others are almost furious about it. Plus the initial trailer with Toriyama was an absolute joke. But to me I actually think it looks promising. The more I hear about it the less my concerns are. And this is coming from someone who really was disappointed by XIII-2. I found that game embarrassing to even play. The cutscenes were cringe worthy. Watching Lightning can't possibly be are horrible as Serah and Noel acting like morons while some stupid mog that never shuts up is flying around behind them.

I honestly think this will be better than some people give it credit for. It won't be one of the great titles of the series but I'm not writing it off just yet.
#2westontickleePosted 3/23/2013 11:47:37 AM
Mog is the worst character to ever grace Final Fantasy besides Rinoa
---
I come from the future, ask me anything
Official Balthier of the FFXV Board
#3kupo1705Posted 3/23/2013 11:48:19 AM
ragnardemon posted...
Watching Lightning can't possibly be are horrible as Serah and Noel acting like morons while some stupid mog that never shuts up is flying around behind them..

Judging by XIII-2, it will be.
#4Plant42Posted 3/23/2013 11:52:40 AM
kupo1705 posted...
ragnardemon posted...
Watching Lightning can't possibly be are horrible as Serah and Noel acting like morons while some stupid mog that never shuts up is flying around behind them..

I hope from the screens they at least return to :-| Lightning or something new. I don't want poetry hour Lightning back.
#5kupo1705Posted 3/23/2013 12:03:33 PM
Plant42 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
ragnardemon posted...

I hope from the screens they at least return to :-| Lightning or something new. I don't want poetry hour Lightning back.

According to the screenshots, that's the case.
The trailer says the opposite though.
#6Plant42Posted 3/23/2013 12:07:56 PM
Hopefully they can put together a half decent trailer for us next time so we can get some sort of indication what we are in for. I'll probably give it a go despite not being able to stomach more than about 3 hours of XIII-2. But then again that's probably an above average for most who have played that game. I guess I'm just a generous person.
#7ragnardemon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 9:32:39 AM
The main problem with Lightning in XIII-2 is she's the narrator. For someone that doesn't talk all that much, making her the narrator is silly. To me it just felt awkward. I don't really picture Lightning talking like that at all. In battle she's brilliant. She's a great survivor and mature when it comes to her duties but she's not someone who'd I'd picture weaving words together or trying to sound intelligent.
#8delta_12Posted 3/24/2013 11:59:07 AM
Well, I usually never went with crowd for any games and in any rpg, i always had female character and love it. I actually like Lightning's face but dislikes her personality and the games. But I am gonna give this game a chances. Maybe because i like Toriyama's work on Chrono Cross. Hope this one did not mess up
#9TapedWirePosted 3/24/2013 1:24:08 PM
ragnardemon posted...
The main problem with Lightning in XIII-2 is she's the narrator. For someone that doesn't talk all that much, making her the narrator is silly. To me it just felt awkward. I don't really picture Lightning talking like that at all. In battle she's brilliant. She's a great survivor and mature when it comes to her duties but she's not someone who'd I'd picture weaving words together or trying to sound intelligent.

I always found that odd too. However, she did give a somewhat insightful speech at the end of XIII against Orphan. She strikes me as the "person who doesn't talk much, not because she doesn't have anything to say, but because she waits for the right moment to say it."
Where did she learn all those fancy words? At the Guardian Corps Academy or something xD
#10zombie_basher13Posted 3/24/2013 2:42:37 PM
ragnardemon posted...

Lightning has a kind inner center especially toward close ones like Serah. She talks like that in 13-2 because she's talking to Serah. And I don't think she's actually talking, I'm pretty sure those were her thoughts while in Valhalla. And Serah's narration was WAY worse.
---
Look alive, you fools.