This game got a strange title. Will Lightning be included in the game?

#1Rodrigo996Posted 3/23/2013 2:18:16 PM
The game title is Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
Yet who they are placing as the main protagonist doesn't look like Lightning at all.

She has stoped using light swords (that were gunblades), and small shields that give an open left hand any longer. This was almost her mark, now she is using swords bigger than herself and stupidly adorned shields.
Most of her outfits have the word whore written on them.
I won't be surprised if her attitude was totally different.

SE is trying to change all aspects of tha game, losing both, the people who liked XIII and certainly they aren't taking back the haters.

The game has RPG written all over it but they are loosing the characters, which in my opinion were one of the best aspects of XIII (excluding Vanille).
#2j-fielding95Posted 3/23/2013 2:21:33 PM
I assure you the main character is named Lightning.

But yeah, she's worse in the sequel, but that's to be expected since 90% of FF characters are completely ruined in sequels,
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#3Rodrigo996(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 2:30:24 PM
j-fielding95 posted...

But yeah, she's worse in the sequel, but that's to be expected since 90% of FF characters are completely ruined in sequels,

Haha i know she IS Lightning I was just showing my point.

Yeah i know what you mean I loved FF XIII character development. We all know that it had many issues but if you see the game close and without hate the story is as great the characters.

I just hope they bring the FFXIII Lightning that the people who appreciated the game liked.
#4kupo1705Posted 3/23/2013 2:31:47 PM
As long as they keep the pink hair, nobody will notice.
#5j-fielding95Posted 3/23/2013 2:34:34 PM
Rodrigo996 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

Haha i know she IS Lightning I was just showing my point.

Yeah i know what you mean I loved FF XIII character development. We all know that it had many issues but if you see the game close and without hate the story is as great the characters.

I just hope they bring the FFXIII Lightning that the people who appreciated the game liked.

I hope so too, but I doubt it to be honest.

I hope they just include her XIII costume as an option too, because that was the only good costume she wore, her XIII-2 one was OK, but everything in LR just plain sucks. Character wise she was better again in XIII, and then not so good in XIII-2.
---
#6Vaanelo99Posted 3/23/2013 2:44:56 PM
What you are looking at is mince meat Lightning, having been perfectly butchered into small cubes and being hardly recognizable to her established respectable character in XIII. She's ready to be disposed of after this game.
#7ManservicePosted 3/23/2013 2:56:14 PM
Rodrigo996 posted...

Same. The Light I see in the trailers isn't my Light. :-(
#8kupo1705Posted 3/23/2013 2:56:38 PM
Manservice posted...
Rodrigo996 posted...

It's Toriyama's Lightning.
#9j-fielding95Posted 3/23/2013 2:58:07 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Manservice posted...
Rodrigo996 posted...

It's Toriyama's Lightning.

It's nobodies Lightning.
---
#10MysteryVeilPosted 3/23/2013 2:59:06 PM
I miss XIII Lightning. :(
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01