Final Fantasy > Shin Megami Tensei

#1BowtiesAreCoolPosted 3/23/2013 2:12:43 PM
Seriously, now, let's talk real stuff, and not "I don't like Cloud's hair, therefore, FF is inferior": SMT managed to screw every single damn final battle by turning all final bosses into overpowered Yu Yevons, so all the strategy factor that made the games fun for 40 hours are ignored and you have to grind like hell to resist a bunch of Almighty attacks; the narrative of FF, considered weeaboo-like and emo, by Megatennists, is nowhere as bad as "chosen guy can summon demons. World is screwed. Friends become evil. God is evil" plot. Seriously; not to mention how the whole dungeon crawling factor that makes the franchise "hardcore" is actually a dumbed down version of every other dungeon crawler ever; and the music, while good to listen, is not more original than rock + dubsteb + eletro.

Now, seriously, I love both, but open your eyes: what you consider a sacred hardcore dungeon crawler/Pokémon hybrid is no more than a good series, with flaws, just like FF, and that is all.

jk
---
The oficial Loki and Demi-Fiend of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#2ManservicePosted 3/23/2013 2:13:59 PM
BowtiesAreCool posted...
Final Fantasy > Shin Megami Tensei

You already kno.
#3RomangeloPosted 3/23/2013 2:15:16 PM
we already know that.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#4westontickleePosted 3/23/2013 2:17:37 PM
Well duh FF>SMT
---
I come from the future, ask me anything
Official Balthier of the FFXV Board
#5hyro56Posted 3/23/2013 2:17:52 PM
I lol'd.
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#6j-fielding95Posted 3/23/2013 2:19:17 PM
How about they are both as good as each other?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#7MalakTawusPosted 3/23/2013 2:21:09 PM
I personally prefer FF to SMT, but i won't say more 'cause i know this topic will probably explode soon.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#8hyro56Posted 3/23/2013 2:21:55 PM
It's really too bad Jennifer is the only SMT fanboy around here. I'd love to witness a flame war between the two franchises' fanbases.
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#9RomangeloPosted 3/23/2013 2:21:58 PM
Final Fantasy series is way more popular. even people who don't play video games know what it is.

SMT in the other hand... some gamers don't know what the hell it is.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#10j-fielding95Posted 3/23/2013 2:23:17 PM
hyro56 posted...
It's really too bad Jennifer is the only SMT fanboy around here. I'd love to witness a flame war between the two franchises' fanbases.

I'm trying to be peaceful here, don't push me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s