FF13 vs FF13-2

#41JiggsMasterPosted 3/25/2013 11:42:56 PM
TheGreatPotato posted...
Fail choices.

Fail Post
#42deimos91Posted 3/26/2013 7:44:23 PM
LolOkay posted...
deimos91 posted...
13-2 how is this even comparable more enemy types,less hallways and an actual villian imo Barthandulus was meh

Time travel plot, watered down battle system and 1 of the 2 human party members is a mary sue.

Did I mention time travel?

battle system was the same plot was okay and LOL
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#43mad_hax_manPosted 3/27/2013 4:20:19 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
578t7645uyb5 posted...
Hold on, all this time I thought I was in the minority by saying 13 > 13-2, but it's the majority!?

Just curious here, what are the complains for 13-2, I'd like to see what people say because I've heard mostly praise in comparison to the first one even though I disagree with it.

The story is an inconsistent mess, the main characters are dumb as f*** and literally allow the ending to happen despite being warned against it multiple times, battles require no thought...in fact 90% of the game can be beaten by just two different paradigms, step down in graphics on multiple levels. Ask office he has a bigger list

This is true about both XIII games. Heck, the party in XIII had no problems destroying their planets support system.

XIII-2 gets my vote, because as easy as it was, it wasn't as tedious as XIII's super strict linearity and arbitrary main party dead=game over BS, because as bland as the main character were, they weren't as in your face and obnoxiously annoying as XIII's cast, because no matter how disjointed and small its world felt, having things like NPC's, mini games and side quest made its world feel much more alive and fleshed out than XIII's
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#44LolOkayPosted 3/27/2013 4:36:07 AM
deimos91 posted...
LolOkay posted...
deimos91 posted...
13-2 how is this even comparable more enemy types,less hallways and an actual villian imo Barthandulus was meh

Time travel plot, watered down battle system and 1 of the 2 human party members is a mary sue.

Then you don't know very much.
#45Elice_CarolPosted 3/27/2013 6:56:12 AM
Man, where's tiornys when you need him. He'll quell all these naysayers about the Paradigm System.
---
"When you meet your God, tell Him to LEAVE ME THE *(&)% ALONE.'' - Guts
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#46deimos91Posted 3/29/2013 1:16:00 PM
LolOkay posted...
deimos91 posted...
LolOkay posted...
deimos91 posted...

Then you don't know very much.

the core mechanics were the same it was easier yes but X-2 was easier than X it was to be expected
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#47GODDUKEMONEXAPosted 3/29/2013 2:58:15 PM
BOTH ARE GOOD!! haters just say garbage from their mouths, people want a CLOUD VS SEPHIROT fight in every new FF, like KH and KH2...... boring the glory days for FF7 are in the past
#48MysteryVeilPosted 3/29/2013 3:33:08 PM
XIII for me.

XIII: Love Lightning.
XIII-2: Can barely stand her and she isn't even in it all that much.

XIII: Serah is an NPC and rightfully so.
XIII-2: Made her the main character, and she is tied with Yuna as my least favorite Final Fantasy character.

XIII: Story was decent and made a fair amount of sense.
XIII-2: Story was thrown out the nearest window and became a train wreak.

XIII: Party of three humans and six in total to choose from.
XIII-2: Part of only two, and everything else is either monster or DLC 'monster human.'

These are a few examples of why I liked XIII better than XIII-2.
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#49roxas9001Posted 3/29/2013 3:53:11 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
The story is an inconsistent mess, the main characters are dumb as f*** and literally allow the ending to happen despite being warned against it multiple times

Explain the inconstancies

The world was going to end anyway, team brain dead just help it happen a lot faster.
---
Nanomachines, Son
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#50auflamePosted 3/29/2013 5:27:59 PM
Both were average games, but relatively XIII has an edge over XIII-2 given the amount of time and care it was given as opposed to XIII-2 which was a easy cash-in.
---
PSN: auflame
Soul Silver FC: 2666 2859 6177