It's Toriyama fault the series abandoned FF7 world globes since FF10

#21TheTrinityPosted 3/27/2013 3:35:12 PM
numberrrr posted...
So now the worlds less open, the airships are just point and click, and no sense of magnitude.

I disagree. True, full world maps are gone, but now we visit a realistic amount of areas which leaves the vast majority of the world unexplored in-game.

Now which seems more realistic and grandiose, being able to traverse the ENTIRE globe with 20-30 points of interest, or just traveling a small portion of it with the same amount of stuff to do?

For me, the second makes you feel like you're in a real, other world. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FFVII, but as far as immersion goes I like the recent tactic SE has taken.
---
Il n'y a rien de nouveau sous le soleil.
#22j-fielding95Posted 3/27/2013 3:37:36 PM
TheTrinity posted...
numberrrr posted...
So now the worlds less open, the airships are just point and click, and no sense of magnitude.

I disagree. True, full world maps are gone, but now we visit a realistic amount of areas which leaves the vast majority of the world unexplored in-game.

Now which seems more realistic and grandiose, being able to traverse the ENTIRE globe with 20-30 points of interest, or just traveling a small portion of it with the same amount of stuff to do?

For me, the second makes you feel like you're in a real, other world. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy FFVII, but as far as immersion goes I like the recent tactic SE has taken.

Exactly. The VII world map wasn't even explorable for the most part anyway, it was just a linear path with the odd optional location.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#23maranellomanPosted 3/27/2013 3:40:36 PM
Whats wrong with FF 12s open world..well fields?
---
-New York Giants-
#24choobiatorPosted 3/27/2013 3:57:57 PM
Bring back the canoe!
---
:)
#25Plant42Posted 3/27/2013 4:02:14 PM
World maps feel very low brow. They were actually more of a pain than they were worth. Like VIII. It was a big map with very little to seem which just made things harder to find than necessary. Besides, I actually didn't mind travel in 10 at all.
#26MagnaderAlphaPosted 3/27/2013 4:15:50 PM
TheTrinity posted...
numberrrr posted...

LOL, realism.... Nothing more realistic than a world that's one big hallway!
#27choobiatorPosted 3/27/2013 4:19:38 PM
The old world maps made no sense. If the party keeps going north they end up in the south? Eh?
---
:)
#28kirusuPosted 3/27/2013 4:21:55 PM
choobiator posted...
The old world maps made no sense. If the party keeps going north they end up in the south? Eh?

um. so have you ever viewed a universal globe?
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#29LuBu1975Posted 3/27/2013 4:32:38 PM
numberrrr posted...
FF10 was the beginning of no world globes. So now the worlds less open, the airships are just point and click, and no sense of magnitude. Will LR have world globe? Type 0 has it.

Sense of magnitude, you're joking right? You flew around the world in a few seconds! If anything it made me feel the world was really tiny. In contrast the constant walking and taking boat rides made FFX's world seem massive.
---
Playing: AC3.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: ASoIaF, Silmarillion.
#30Plant42Posted 3/27/2013 4:34:37 PM
kirusu posted...
choobiator posted...

um. so have you ever viewed a universal globe?

Haha.