I have never seen a Muslim JRPG character

#51FtpkornPosted 4/7/2013 9:28:02 AM
Why? They don't even have Christians in the games, that's why it's called Fantasy and they use new settings, heck if you're that strung out on it they had Treasures of the Aht Urghan on FFXI as an expansion and it was full of people who look like Muslims...Middle
Eastern look to it, and I'm sure there's others that look like it in other game like Mystic Knight Job who wears a towel on their heads(Dunno what it's called, hijab?)
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!
#52MalakTawusPosted 4/7/2013 9:49:25 AM
Ftpkorn posted...
Why? They don't even have Christians in the games, that's why it's called Fantasy and they use new settings, heck if you're that strung out on it they had Treasures of the Aht Urghan on FFXI as an expansion and it was full of people who look like Muslims...Middle
Eastern look to it, and I'm sure there's others that look like it in other game like Mystic Knight Job who wears a towel on their heads(Dunno what it's called, hijab?)

Actually it's 100% undeniable that FF has often used the christian and other religion as inspiration, but they did so only because they knew that distorting themes taken from those religions wouldn't be problematic in any way.
Distorting themes taken from Islam instead could be way more problematic, infact it's not casual that no one (maybe there could be some very rare exceptions, but tbh nothing comes to my mind) even try to do that.
If game developers or movie directors use Islam religion in their games or movies it usually is taken "as it is", not distorted to create another fictional religion (especially if that fictional religion has to be seen as something evil or negative......).
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#53FtpkornPosted 4/7/2013 9:59:20 AM(edited)
MalakTawus posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

Actually it's 100% undeniable that FF has often used the christian and other religion as inspiration, but they did so only because they knew that distorting themes taken from those religions wouldn't be problematic in any way.
Distorting themes taken from Islam instead could be way more problematic, infact it's not casual that no one (maybe there could be some very rare exceptions, but tbh nothing comes to my mind) even try to do that.
If game developers or movie directors use Islam religion in their games or movies it usually is taken "as it is", not distorted to create another fictional religion (especially if that fictional religion has to be seen as something evil or negative......).

Yeah I'm not saying it doesn't take inspiration, I just mean an actual Muslim lol Heck
Breath of Fire 2 had like a complete carbon copy of Christianity haha

It doesn't matter how you put Islam in games or movies they and up clomping down the streets in sandals and sheets holding up signs in protest anyway. I don't know how they would put them in there like Dils is saying.

But yeah, if Toriyama wanted to end up like Theo Van Gogh, then I say it's his choice.
---
Lightning Farron Warrior Goddess' true #1 Fan
HAHAHAHAHA KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!!!
#54UnderratedGamerPosted 4/7/2013 6:46:44 PM
Ftpkorn posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Ftpkorn posted...

Yeah I'm not saying it doesn't take inspiration, I just mean an actual Muslim lol Heck
Breath of Fire 2 had like a complete carbon copy of Christianity haha

It doesn't matter how you put Islam in games or movies they and up clomping down the streets in sandals and sheets holding up signs in protest anyway. I don't know how they would put them in there like Dils is saying.

But yeah, if Toriyama wanted to end up like Theo Van Gogh, then I say it's his choice.

Yeah but it made Christianity seem evil. If it were in the same aspect as to what BoF2 did, it be in the sense of making Islam seem evil, not that I care however.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.
#55JCourChesNePosted 4/7/2013 7:23:18 PM
Mindu in ff2?
---
If you like FF7 challenges, check out my channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VashFanboy1?feature=mhee
#56BillbertRandomPosted 4/8/2013 5:05:38 PM
How about a Hassidic Jewish character?
---
Bringing the love and humor of AE, and FFXIII fans everywhere...
#57Sinistrad767Posted 4/10/2013 10:21:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#58j-fielding95Posted 4/10/2013 10:22:13 AM
The main character should be a Ranter.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s