New FNCFFXIIIRPG Sign-ups/OOC (FFXIII Spoiler Warning for Background)

#11LewdDolphin21Posted 4/3/2013 8:37:00 PM
I'm kinda interested. The issue is that I don't have much free time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Saperogo
#12dils-dPosted 4/3/2013 9:43:32 PM
Roleplaying? Is that fun?
---
Pudgy short angels. Nuthin' better.
Nobody told me crushing on a teacher would feel so weird. I blame society.
#13Arthogawa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 1:14:09 PM
Okay then, so people are concerned about not having time to participate.

As far as minimum post requirements go: the main key is getting actions in combat out in a timely manner. "Timely" would mean within 48-72 hours of initiation of combat or a new round. Just throw your actions together: no need for a description if you don't want to.

As far as the actual roleplaying component, I know that not everyone has the time or the motivation to put in detailed posts. I won't hold that against anyone: just make sure you indicate you are ready to move on when your character is in a roleplaying section.

@dil: As far as whether or not roleplaying is fun, it depends on the player behind the character. Do you like creating a character, developing them, and responding to new situations? If so, it probably is.

Another way to decide: Do you like D&D or not? If yes, you like roleplaying (most likely). If no...you either don't or don't like the combat in D&D (or both). At the very least, combat is not dominated by luck here (though there is a little bit of luck).
---
"Beginning is easy - Continuing is hard."-Japanese Proverb
#14Sinistrad767Posted 4/10/2013 10:42:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15Tobi011Posted 4/10/2013 10:52:06 AM
Interesting indeed. Gonna be tracking this topic and may even sign up when I get the chance.