Should Lightning finally romance?

#51MysteryVeilPosted 3/30/2013 9:05:11 PM
kirusu posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
Nope!

At this point I'd just prefer they keep her single.

I'm quite content to happily go about shipping her with Firion in my Dissidia fanfiction. :)

firion is in love with maria. sorry. different cycles but the love still exists. same could be said for cloud with his love triangle.

So?

Like that's gonna stop me from shipping them.

*snorts*
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#52kirusuPosted 3/30/2013 9:06:51 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
kirusu posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
Nope!

At this point I'd just prefer they keep her single.

I'm quite content to happily go about shipping her with Firion in my Dissidia fanfiction. :)

firion is in love with maria. sorry. different cycles but the love still exists. same could be said for cloud with his love triangle.

So?

*snorts*

you must add her to the equation.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#53mahroflcopterPosted 3/30/2013 9:39:01 PM
MalakTawus posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
As others have said at different points, Lightning is about as asexual as they come in terms of portrayal (sexualization of what she wears =/= you know if she is straight or lesbian). She has shown no hints as to what her sexual preference is at any point, nor has she even shown any kind of interest in sex or other kinds of physical stimulation. She's also kind of a loner, though she does appreciate companionship. Really, that's all Lightning has ever really sought out: Friendship and companionship. She's never been shown to gaze lustfully; she's never been shown to be peaking; no sexual innuendo; no playful jabs; and she's never had any of the cliche tell-tale signs of sexual attraction. And I'm pretty sure this was intentional. The writers are basically telling you "She doesn't need romance to make her 'complete'. Romance is not important to her. Saving/protecting those she loves (Serah and arguably Hope in a non-romantic kind of way) and cares about (Sazh, Fang, Vanille, Snow, etc) is what is most important to her. And she's happy playing the role of protector. We don't want you to dwell on her sexuality or her love life as that is not an important aspect of her character".

So no. If there is a fourth game about her life after "The Lightning Saga" and everything is handled very carefully and she stills remains the tough yet caring independent woman we all know, then I'd be fine. But Lightning Returns is hardly the time or place to start a romance subplot when there hasn't been one for Lightning in the previous two games and given the situation she is in. It'll be shoehorned in, poorly written, and will seem very out of place.

I don't agree.
Just because a person (or a character) can be perfectly ok without any romance it doesn't mean that they shouldn't or couldn't have one.
Imo this is stupid, you make it sound as if romance is something good only for people (or characters) that seem predisposed for that.
Lightning is a strong woman that till now has never shown any inclination to fall in love with any other character, but this doesn't mean that it could happen at any moment.
In LR she seems to have once again a super crazy mission to save everyone and if in those desperate days someone stay close to her and help her to stay strong, i don't see why the hell she couldn't fall in love. She's not a robot.
Before someone (LIKE ALWAYS) misunderstand, i'm not saying that Light will surely fall in love and i'm not even saying that she needs to fall in love, i'm SIMPLY saying that it wouldn't be unthinkable if it really happens, it just depends on what really happens in LR' story.

I never said she shouldn't or couldn't. My point was that it never has been a significant part of her character and to give her a romance for the sake of her having romance NOW would be idiotic and ultimately pandering. And focusing on it when she has the fate of the world, her sister's life, and a **** ton of other stuff to focus on would be ill advised for any character. Especially considering what they've implied about Lighting's emotional state and what her new character development will be.

If it happens, it happens. But from the current writers, I'm expecting cliche bull if they do do it since there is just so little time to develop such a plot thread.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
#54MalakTawusPosted 3/31/2013 2:26:39 AM
mahroflcopter posted...

I never said she shouldn't or couldn't. My point was that it never has been a significant part of her character and to give her a romance for the sake of her having romance NOW would be idiotic and ultimately pandering. And focusing on it when she has the fate of the world, her sister's life, and a **** ton of other stuff to focus on would be ill advised for any character. Especially considering what they've implied about Lighting's emotional state and what her new character development will be.

If it happens, it happens. But from the current writers, I'm expecting cliche bull if they do do it since there is just so little time to develop such a plot thread.

Still don't agree.
Romance can happen to anyone at any time (so the fact that it wasn't a significant part of her character till now is completely irrelevant) and also romance doesn't have to have any particular reason (so even the act to have romance for the sake of romance is perfectly fine since romance for definition doesn't have a purpose beside its own).

Also like i have always said there is no need for it to have a big focus on the story since she obviously has other things to do, but i don't see why there shouldn't be any time to put a bit of romance in it.
I have seen tons of movies and other videogames where the story happened in far less than 13 days but they still had no problem to put a bit of romance in it.
An example?
The first that come to minds (but i could bring TONS of other examples) is MGS.
Snake was not a character inclined to romance judging previous games (in case you don't know), he sure as hell is not a character that needed romance to be great, he sure as hell had to focus on a crazy mission and theretically it was obviously a good time for romance and he sure as hell the game lasted a lot less than 13 days..........but he still fell in love.
I didn't see anyone going around saying that it was stupid or unneccessary, on the contrary........
So yes, i don't know if there will be romance in LR and i would be perfectly ok even if it doesn't happen........but i certainly wouldn't see anything strange if instead there will be a little bit of romance (maybe even only hinted).
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#55Sinistrad767Posted 3/31/2013 2:29:37 AM
It's hard to imagine her having a love interest.
---
Not interested.
#56Elice_CarolPosted 3/31/2013 4:23:13 AM
So?

*snorts*

There is an attraction and chemistry there, right?
---
"I don't like gays because they may mistreat straight people.'' - MewMewFan
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#57kanartPosted 3/31/2013 11:07:31 AM
There should be an option like Persona or WRPG to have a friendship relations or more.