Airships

#1Nuck-chorrisPosted 3/30/2013 1:43:54 PM(edited)
You know. I dont really need a world map. But for the sake of FF, SE needs to put back the controllable vehicles and airships in their games.
---
When i fall in the water, i dont get wet. Water gets me. SE's loss sales pleases me, Maybe they'll start hearing the fans for once.......who am I kidding ?
#2Q SlickPosted 3/30/2013 1:59:44 PM
After playing games like XII and XIII-2, I came to the conclusion that airships would be nowhere near as cool as most make them out to be if getting around the world(s) prior to getting said airships wasn't such a pain in the ass.

XII's teleport stones and XIII-2's gates made me realize that I don't miss airships; because in those games, they weren't needed.

Slightly off topic: in re to your sig, SE is listening to their fans. They just know which ones to tune out.
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#3Nuck-chorris(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 2:01:42 PM
Q Slick posted...
After playing games like XII and XIII-2, I came to the conclusion that airships would be nowhere near as cool as most make them out to be if getting around the world(s) prior to getting said airships wasn't such a pain in the ass.

XII's teleport stones and XIII-2's gates made me realize that I don't miss airships; because in those games, they weren't needed.

Slightly off topic: in re to your sig, SE is listening to their fans. They just know which ones to tune out.

Ofcourse, best to ignore the vocal fans. Still doesnt change the fact they're incompetent. I used to defend them. Not anymore.
---
When i fall in the water, i dont get wet. Water gets me. SE's loss sales pleases me, Maybe they'll start hearing the fans for once.......who am I kidding ?
#4Q SlickPosted 3/30/2013 2:35:35 PM
Ofcourse, best to ignore the vocal fans. Still doesnt change the fact they're incompetent. I used to defend them. Not anymore.

"Vocal" could just as easily be interpreted as "noisy people that will never be satisfied no matter what gets done". Getting suggestions from the fan base has its merits; but it can be a double-edged sword. Try to please everyone and you will more than likely wind up pleasing no one.

SE is going to make the kind of game they're going to make. If that's no longer acceptable to you; then the best thing you can do is simply vote with your wallet and look elsewhere. Wishing ill will on them is pointless. Your money speaks louder and more effectively than any amount of trash-talking ever will.
---
#5westontickleePosted 3/30/2013 2:42:23 PM
Q Slick posted...

"Vocal" could just as easily be interpreted as "noisy people that will never be satisfied no matter what gets done". Getting suggestions from the fan base has its merits; but it can be a double-edged sword. Try to please everyone and you will more than likely wind up pleasing no one.

SE is going to make the kind of game they're going to make. If that's no longer acceptable to you; then the best thing you can do is simply vote with your wallet and look elsewhere. Wishing ill will on them is pointless. Your money speaks louder and more effectively than any amount of trash-talking ever will.

I agree 1000%.
---
I come from the future, ask me anything
Official Balthier of the FFXV Board
#6Nuck-chorris(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 2:44:20 PM
Q Slick posted...

You just explained my point bro lol. SE is a difficult company and everyone knows it. No normal consumer interaction by giving random news inb4 Versus. Wada worked in finance, he and his board memebers thought they knew whats best for SE but there were so many flaws. Look at the this generation. I can only give them a 10/10 for graphics.
---
#7Q SlickPosted 3/30/2013 3:48:09 PM
Look at the this generation. I can only give them a 10/10 for graphics.

There are probably many who would give them 10/10 (or whatever they would consider acceptable) for many other things.

But it also brings this up: is 10/10 for everything what you expect, and is 10/10 for everything all you'll accept? In either case, you're--in all likelihood--setting yourself up for eternal disappointment.
---
#8LolOkayPosted 3/30/2013 7:26:43 PM
Q Slick posted...

One of the best posts on this board for a while.