Final Fantasy Unlimited

#1laharl12345Posted 3/30/2013 4:57:22 PM
I'm up to episode 12 in Final Fantasy Unlimited and am really digging it so far.
The process of summoning in it is actually really interesting and square should totally use it in one of the games.

My biggest complaint with the anime is the fact that the two main characters don't fight.

People who are fans of both Final Fantasy and anime should check it out, it's nothing amazing but I'd give it a solid 8/10. Keep in mind though it's geared towards younger audiences.

On a side not just to stay somewhat on topic with this board, how's the game going looking so far( I haven't been keeping up with it.)
---
Soul Silver Friend Code - 2581 1189 1113
#2Josh_the_WhitePosted 3/30/2013 5:02:12 PM
Nobody that frequents these boards know how the game is looking so far either because all they can do is make stupid "Lightning vs. ______" topics and other such nonsense.
---
On a mission to beat every Legend of Zelda game (excluding the crappy "non-existent" Phillips CD-i games).
Started: 12/19/2011
#3kirusuPosted 3/30/2013 5:03:00 PM
they made another ff anime? i wonder why i never heard of this ff unlimited? i plan on staying away from square enix animes if they are anything like that crap scene from ff7 animated. it was just wasted time.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#4laharl12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:05:32 PM
kirusu posted...
they made another ff anime? i wonder why i never heard of this ff unlimited? i plan on staying away from square enix animes if they are anything like that crap scene from ff7 animated. it was just wasted time.

Actually it was made in 2002 and its fully dubbed.
It feels like a weird mix of FF 4, 5 and 9 as well as tactics advance, but its actually really enjoyable.
---
#5kirusuPosted 3/30/2013 5:09:04 PM
laharl12345 posted...
kirusu posted...

Actually it was made in 2002 and its fully dubbed.
It feels like a weird mix of FF 4, 5 and 9 as well as tactics advance, but its actually really enjoyable.

eh they should just stick to making video games. ff can never pull off being an anime. it just does not work for some things. sides i would rather not watch an anime that came from a video game. i already got put to sleep watching something boring today, and i dont need another series doing that.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#6kuro-shinigamiPosted 3/30/2013 5:51:06 PM
Apparently FF Unlimited ended halfway through the story because it disn't get enough ratings so the ending will probably come out of nowhere
---
Eggplant
#7laharl12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:05:42 PM
kuro-shinigami posted...
Apparently FF Unlimited ended halfway through the story because it disn't get enough ratings so the ending will probably come out of nowhere

They continued it though in a web novel/ manga(Im not sure) called Final Fantasy Unlimited After.
And there's a bunch of other web novels detailing the characters backstories among other things.

I'm up to episode 14 now and the stories really starting to pick up, no that it was bad before.
The show was a bit slow to start and I only started liking it around episode 5.
---
#8BlueDragmirePosted 3/30/2013 7:51:20 PM
I only got into the series because of the anime. Unfortunately, Soil has never been a thing, though I too think its really cool.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#9laharl12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 1:53:17 AM
kuro-shinigami posted...

Also it was canceled because of the losses due to spirits withins failure.
---
#10Lindaru111Posted 4/1/2013 11:32:53 PM(edited)
I watched it for one episode (1st) and I can't get into it.
It's just so cliched and it has an Vincent ripoff who can summon monsters from different FF games (Phoenix etc).

But the Chocobo in that episode was funny and adorable :3

I may give an another chance though...
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)