"One of the themes for this game is 'Lightning returns'"

#1KOTRsssPosted 4/1/2013 4:56:05 AM
Turns out Toriyama doesnt know what a theme is. Anyone surprised?
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#2RX0megaPosted 4/1/2013 5:00:26 AM(edited)
I was wondering when you'd show up. If you don't like the XIII games, just move on please, this place really doesn't need months of your negative topics like you did on the XIII-2 and XIII boards. Final Fantasy XV has a board for all your general Final Fantasy posting needs, so you are no longer bound to a boarc for a series you dislike to talk about Final Fantasy.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#3ReposessionManPosted 4/1/2013 5:05:52 AM
Disregard the above post. We can always use people with a good taste.
---
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII-2.
#4RX0megaPosted 4/1/2013 5:24:27 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
Disregard the above post. We can always use people with a good taste.

Yeah, because you won't get sick and tired of literal hate topics of a game that go on for over six months after it is released, way longer considering it isn't even near release yet.

If he dislikes the XIII games, he shouldn't be here at all, and his past behavior has more than shown this. Coming to a board for something to be intentionally negative is a definition of trolling (or it was last time I read the annoted Terms of Use of this site). The fact you talk about good taste implies you also disliked the last two games, which makes me ask why are you also here? This game is pretty freaking clearly not going to solve some of the major issues wth the last two games (such as the questionable quality of the narrative and how it is done), so it stands to good logic that at this point if you don't like the XIII games you won't like this on, which then logically means you shouldn't be posting on the board of the upcoming XIII game.

And the "this is the general Final Fantasy board as it is the latest installment to have a board" line no longer applies with the existence of XV's board either. And even then that still doesn't justify making topic after topic after topic (repeats dozens of times) of sheer negativity. That's just annoying and stupid.
---
#5ReposessionManPosted 4/1/2013 5:25:39 AM
This crap again.

YOU DON'T LIKE TEH GAME, YOU DON'T POST ON THE BOARD.

On the contrary. This is not a place for fanboys to melt over the game. Negative opinions are also allowed here.
---
#6TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/1/2013 5:36:29 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
This crap again.

On the contrary. This is not a place for fanboys to melt over the game. Negative opinions are also allowed here.

Yes, but you are supposed to say what parts you dislike, what they could do better, etc. You are not supposed to be kupo.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56
#7ReposessionManPosted 4/1/2013 5:38:17 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
This crap again.

Yes, but you are supposed to say what parts you dislike, what they could do better, etc. You are not supposed to be kupo.

I don't see that part being in the TOS.

Haters hate on the game, fanboys gets their panties in a bunch over it. But it's just this board, fortunately.
---
#8RX0megaPosted 4/1/2013 5:38:54 AM
ReposessionMan posted...
This crap again.

They are alllowed, but only to a point does it stay within the realms of being genuinly out for a discussion. Ask anybody not trying to find a reason why they should still be on a place of discussion for something they don't actually like and they'll pretty often draw the line at stating your opinion a few times on a few things before moving on.

Besides, sheer genuine negativity for prolonged periods isn't posting a negative opinion to try and be diverse, it's just done to piss off others. Hell, I'm more than happy to point out flaws in things I like, but will I if people constantly attack it? F*** no, I'm freaking obviously going to defend it instead. Being relentlessly negative KILLS genuine discussion of something, on both its positive and negative points. It tries to wash out the positives by being exclusively negative, which then draws in people the be exclusively positive, and then all actual discussion dies because it becomes an argument not a discussion.

I've seen this complete farce on both XIII boards, and it's very beyond boring, in fact it is why I left the XIII board, I was utterly sick of how self-hating some regulars were of the game they frequented a board of. Hell, why the f*** do you even post on boards for games you dislike? That seems like a complete waste of everyones time including yours, and simply a form of masochism.

I think I know, the reason you do it is not to provide "alternative" opinions, when genuine discussion happens people will tend to look at both positive and negative things of something. No, it is simply because you thirst for an argument, and you know how to create one without blatant things that would get you moded (or punched in real life). I am familiar with this type of behaviour from people I knew. It is an unhealthy frame of mind.
---
#9ReposessionManPosted 4/1/2013 5:39:52 AM
RX0mega posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
This crap again.

They are alllowed, but only to a point does it stay within the realms of being genuinly out for a discussion. Ask anybody not trying to find a reason why they should still be on a place of discussion for something they don't actually like and they'll pretty often draw the line at stating your opinion a few times on a few things before moving on.

Besides, sheer genuine negativity for prolonged periods isn't posting a negative opinion to try and be diverse, it's just done to piss off others. Hell, I'm more than happy to point out flaws in things I like, but will I if people constantly attack it? F*** no, I'm freaking obviously going to defend it instead. Being relentlessly negative KILLS genuine discussion of something, on both its positive and negative points. It tries to wash out the positives by being exclusively negative, which then draws in people the be exclusively positive, and then all actual discussion dies because it becomes an argument not a discussion.

I've seen this complete farce on both XIII boards, and it's very beyond boring, in fact it is why I left the XIII board, I was utterly sick of how self-hating some regulars were of the game they frequented a board of. Hell, why the f*** do you even post on boards for games you dislike? That seems like a complete waste of everyones time including yours, and simply a form of masochism.

I think I know, the reason you do it is not to provide "alternative" opinions, when genuine discussion happens people will tend to look at both positive and negative things of something. No, it is simply because you thirst for an argument, and you know how to create one without blatant things that would get you moded (or punched in real life). I am familiar with this type of behaviour from people I knew. It is an unhealthy frame of mind.

If you happy puppies are allowed to circlejerk over the game for infinite amount of time, we are allowed to keep reminding others about our opinions on this less than desirable game.
---
#10TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/1/2013 5:41:01 AM(edited)
ReposessionMan posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
ReposessionMan posted...
This crap again.

I don't see that part being in the TOS.

Haters hate on the game, fanboys gets their panties in a bunch over it. But it's just this board, fortunately.

But if people do that, they are just as bad as the blind fanboys who accept everything.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56