Does anyone else think Square is desperate at this point?

#1darkgod1000Posted 4/2/2013 5:55:41 PM
XIII-2 was piss poor and didn't even have a story that really connected to the first game even though they "tried" to connect the plots. And now Lightning Returns is changing basically everything gameplay wise to the point where it may as well be an entirely new game. And again the new story has almost no connection to the last game. Not much. At least with how XIII-2 was received by fans and critics it finally convinced Square to get off their a**es and finish Tyoe-0. Which we still aren't seen outside if Japan.

I think XIII was good but XIII-2 was terrible. Square is well aware of how everyone feels about both games but instead of leaving XIII alone and moving on their still trying to "reinvent" them to appeal to gamers (mostly western audiences) and its just not working.
#2zodiac_swordPosted 4/2/2013 5:57:29 PM
Yes I do.
http://projectcrystallis.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/cDTl3nb.jpg
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#3Lelouch71Posted 4/2/2013 6:01:25 PM
Go cry a river because I don't care. Threads like these are stale and boring.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#4OpheliaAdenadePosted 4/2/2013 6:03:55 PM
No, SE experiments with game concepts all the time. And they'd rather do it with sequels to games rather than in their main titles though, because there is less to lose if they fail. They have been doing this for ages. The main reason parasite eve even exists is because they were using it to test the graphical system that'd be used in FF VIII after all.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#5shinigami_mattPosted 4/2/2013 6:06:53 PM
Not exactly sure what TC is getting at. When has any of the sequels ever been more than quick cash?

Not sure how that makes them desperate.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#6zodiac_swordPosted 4/2/2013 6:14:27 PM
Aren't they in financial trouble?
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#7Holy_WraithPosted 4/2/2013 6:24:17 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
No, They have been doing this for ages. The main reason parasite eve even exists is because they were using it to test the graphical system that'd be used in FF VIII after all.

I think you might be mistaken because SE has only done a few sequels like FFX-2, FF13-2 and Parasite Eve and a mecha game Front Mission. I don't know all the games SE made since I only focused on FF games BUT I know SE is showing desperation because they re-made (or ported) FF games for current consoles.

I think SE is showing desperation because the recently been focusing on fanboys & fangirls instead of the true FF fans, its true because FF fanboys & fangirls gets crap like more Lightning while true FF fans are screwed out of main FF games like FF vs 13 or a real current FF game.
---
Gearbox screwed Aliens fans http://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8
Currently playing Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising, Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt
#8King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/2/2013 7:11:25 PM
SE has reeking of desperation for years now. They just can't seem to get their act together.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#9ExtremeLightPosted 4/2/2013 7:14:42 PM
darkgod1000 posted...
XIII-2 was piss poor and didn't even have a story that really connected to the first game even though they "tried" to connect the plots. And now Lightning Returns is changing basically everything gameplay wise to the point where it may as well be an entirely new game. And again the new story has almost no connection to the last game. Not much. At least with how XIII-2 was received by fans and critics it finally convinced Square to get off their a**es and finish Tyoe-0. Which we still aren't seen outside if Japan.

I think XIII was good but XIII-2 was terrible. Square is well aware of how everyone feels about both games but instead of leaving XIII alone and moving on their still trying to "reinvent" them to appeal to gamers (mostly western audiences) and its just not working.

*Type-0 and it came before 13-2 did...
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#10kratoscar2008Posted 4/2/2013 7:37:32 PM
I do All The Bravest show that they would sell their integrity for a quick cash in.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.