"Etro did it" (major spoilers for the XIII saga)

#1RX0megaPosted 4/3/2013 10:21:45 AM
That single line sumps up most of the plot twists in this saga. Etro was the one who beamed the idea to go to Oerba to the gang, Etro was the one to save them from Crystal. Etro was the one who gave Caius his powers. Etro was the one who got killed causing Chaos to be freed from Valhalla.

So, how many of the plot twists of this game will involve Etro doing something do you think?
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#2marcBookPosted 4/3/2013 10:23:28 AM
Well, she's apparently dead, so none.

But hey, there's still three/four more gods, so not to worry!
---
"The whole building's coming down!"
"This isn't good!!!" YOU THINK!?
#3Ultimate_FinalePosted 4/3/2013 10:57:03 AM
IIRC, Etro was the sole reason why all the events happened in the XIII saga/mythos (even those that we didn't see in-game)
---
Now Playing: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD (360)
http://i.minus.com/ibvmrm7irgmmJM.gif
#4dils-dPosted 4/3/2013 12:19:49 PM
RX0mega posted...
Etro was the one who beamed the idea to go to Oerba to the gang

She was? I don't remember that part.
---
Pudgy short angels. Nuthin' better.
Nobody told me crushing on a teacher would feel so weird. I blame society.
#5Elice_CarolPosted 4/3/2013 12:20:54 PM
IIRC, Etro was the sole reason why all the events happened in the XIII saga/mythos (even those that we didn't see in-game)

Actually, it's because Bhunivelze wants to kill his mother that set off everything. Etro being made in Mwynn's image was just one of the bigger aspects here.
---
"I don't like gays because they may mistreat straight people.'' - MewMewFan
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#6roxas9001Posted 4/3/2013 3:32:51 PM
RX0mega posted...
Etro was the one who gave Caius his powers.

No, she didn't.
---
Nanomachines, Son
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#7ExtremeLightPosted 4/3/2013 3:35:45 PM
roxas9001 posted...
RX0mega posted...
Etro was the one who gave Caius his powers.

No, she didn't.

She gave him the Heart of Chaos. Through it he wields the power of Chaos and is able to transform or rather merge with his beast.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#8roxas9001Posted 4/3/2013 3:47:16 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
She gave him the Heart of Chaos. Through it he wields the power of Chaos and is able to transform or rather merge with his beast.

HoC doesn't grant the user any power just immortality.

Words of Protectors Past

The Heart of Chaos does not grant the Guardian power—it eats away at their physical self. Caius did not gain an immortal body, but was cursed with eternal life.

Heed my words, Noel. You are the last protector, and the only one who can wrest the Heart's strength from Caius. In the instant you strike the life from his body, you shall either inherit the curse, or break its eternal grip. Only your will can slay fate one way or the other.

—Ultima Brand

And anybody can use the power of chaos.
---
Nanomachines, Son
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#9RX0mega(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:05:30 PM
roxas9001 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

HoC doesn't grant the user any power just immortality.

Words of Protectors Past

The Heart of Chaos does not grant the Guardian power—it eats away at their physical self. Caius did not gain an immortal body, but was cursed with eternal life.

Heed my words, Noel. You are the last protector, and the only one who can wrest the Heart's strength from Caius. In the instant you strike the life from his body, you shall either inherit the curse, or break its eternal grip. Only your will can slay fate one way or the other.

—Ultima Brand

And anybody can use the power of chaos.

And so him being immortal and then using said immortality to change the timeline so he destroys it isn't still her fault? Fact I was making is it's her fault Caius was able to do what he did, and your point hardly contradicts that. Quite the opposite since if he wasn't immortal he wouldn't have been able to f*** around with time like he did, nor would he be able to kill her by getting stabbed in the heart.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
#10Elice_CarolPosted 4/4/2013 3:30:02 AM
It's not directly her fault, she probably didn't mean for it to happen, but indirectly yeah, she shouldn't have given Caius her own heart.
---
"I don't like gays because they may mistreat straight people.'' - MewMewFan
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/