Why do you hate the XIII saga?

#1hyro56Posted 4/3/2013 3:42:27 PM
post one reason you hate the XIII saga:

mine

#1: Pink haired humans
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#2kirusuPosted 4/3/2013 3:44:08 PM
i dont hate it. i kind of like fang, though lightning's voice actor is kind of bad.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#3darkphoenix181Posted 4/3/2013 3:45:16 PM
oh I get it, lets parody that Frozen guy's thread.

So then I will do ExtremeLight:

Because they are games!! I play games to criticize or bash, not to have fun.
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#4Holy_WraithPosted 4/3/2013 3:45:24 PM
- Lightning fanbase
- Vanille
- FF13
- Lightning fanbase
- Not enough of The Sazh
- Vanille fanbase
- No real RPG feel except in FF13-2
- bad soundtract
- Lightning fanbase
---
Gearbox screwed Aliens fans http://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8
Currently playing Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising, Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt
#5ExtremeLightPosted 4/3/2013 3:49:38 PM
I'm still waiting for a counter-topic to mine. Unless my topic is really that defeating?
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#6Holy_WraithPosted 4/3/2013 3:52:54 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
I'm still waiting for a counter-topic to mine. Unless my topic is really that defeating?

So full of yourself as always Extreme(Hippyfor)Light, but you so delusional from your own fanboyism that you won't see the facts at how pathetic LR & Lightning saga really is.
---
Gearbox screwed Aliens fans http://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8
Currently playing Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising, Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt
#7ExtremeLightPosted 4/3/2013 3:57:06 PM
Holy_Wraith posted...
ExtremeLight posted...

So full of yourself as always Extreme(Hippyfor)Light, but you so delusional from your own fanboyism that you won't see the facts at how pathetic LR & Lightning saga really is.

Haters' reasons for disliking the Lightning Saga:
-13 was linear
-story was bad
-dialogue was cringe-worthy
-13-2 made no sense
-Lightning a bad character
-Lightning is being milked
-it have a sequel
-believe that Lightning Saga is responible for the delay of Versus
-Think the company is ending because of a few games
-Don't give 13-2 a chance
-influence by sites like gamefaqs where there are haters everywhere.

Did I get it right?
---
#8DragoonGriffithPosted 4/3/2013 3:58:31 PM(edited)
I hate the fact that A LOT of character backstory and other plot related things aren't even in the game itself.

The datalog is also pretty much useless for a variety of things, and it's really just bad game design giving a glossary for a freaking video game.

Also, they really could've come up with better sounding terminology than Fal'Cie and all that.

The combat is a mess in both games. Less so in XIII-2, but it still needed something similar to Gambits in order to be in full control.

Other than that, changing paradigms is boring as hell, and FF should really just stick to either being full turn-based or ARPG, and not something inbetween.

Character development was there, but they still managed to make half the cast look irritating (some plain dumb, like Serah and Snow).

Story was ok till the ending in XIII, and then it took a colossal nose dive in XIII-2, and I can for sure that XIII-2 has one of the worst plots in JRPG history.
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Tempest.
#9Rodrigo996Posted 4/3/2013 3:58:48 PM
Holy_Wraith posted...
- Lightning fanbase
- Vanille
- FF13
- Lightning fanbase
- Not enough of The Sazh
- Vanille fanbase
- No real RPG feel except in FF13-2
- bad soundtract
- Lightning fanbase

1-If you judge something by a fact that isnt part of the game itself (Lightning fanbace) I doubt your argumentive skills.
2- XIII is way more an RPG than XIII-2, XIII-2 is still linear you unlock one world after another, tha fact of returning to them isn't a real open world. Yes they added gaps for you to wander around a bit, just like Tomb Raider, again that dosent make a game open world. XIII also has a much bigger weapon/accessory system, way of better than in XIII-2. Finally it gives you +40h of gameplay, and +20h of main story.
3- Bad soundtract? Hare to skyrim, dragon age, and other rpg's themes and they'll be left behind. Maybe you prefer 50 cent music for games...
#10ExtremeLightPosted 4/3/2013 4:03:21 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
I hate the fact that A LOT of character backstory and other plot related things aren't even in the game itself.
You probably skip through a lot of cutscenes or not paying attention
The datalog is also pretty much useless for a variety of things, and it's really just bad game design giving a glossary for a freaking video game.
It good if you want to get a more in-depth look at the game.
Also, they really could've come up with better sounding terminology than Fal'Cie and all that.
Really? What do you have in mind?
The combat is a mess in both games. Less so in XIII-2, but it still needed something similar to Gambits in order to be in full control.
The combat is a mess? It's like the simplest thing really.
Other than that, changing paradigms is boring as hell, and FF should really just stick to either being full turn-based or ARPG, and not something inbetween.
It wasn't might to be like X-2 with naked girls transforming before your eyes. I guess you thought the character switch in X was mildly entertaining.
Character development was there, but they still managed to make half the cast look irritating (some plain dumb, like Serah and Snow).
Duh. I think the point was to make Snow seems dumb. Serah isn't really dumb if you actually played 13-2
Story was ok till the ending in XIII, and then it took a colossal nose dive in XIII-2, and I can for sure that XIII-2 has one of the worst plots in JRPG history.
Nope. I disagree.

---