Will this game achieve a Metascore over 90?

#51fftspPosted 4/7/2013 2:33:59 AM
Well I think it all depends on how well made the countdown clock is, that's basically the make or break concept. Everything else seems to be in the right direction (some are debatable), the major difference of the game alone has already gotten points in many reviewers eyes. But I'd say the game will get better scores than 13
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#52j-fielding95Posted 4/7/2013 2:35:53 AM
fftsp posted...
Well I think it all depends on how well made the countdown clock is, that's basically the make or break concept. Everything else seems to be in the right direction (some are debatable), the major difference of the game alone has already gotten points in many reviewers eyes. But I'd say the game will get better scores than 13

I can think of maybe 2 games that got the clock concept right. I doubt LR will, it seems more like an attempt to disguise the amount of content actually in the game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#53MalakTawusPosted 4/7/2013 3:50:19 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
fftsp posted...

I can think of maybe 2 games that got the clock concept right. I doubt LR will, it seems more like an attempt to disguise the amount of content actually in the game.

I don't think so, infact SE answered with no problem about how long a single cycle to finish the game will be (more or less) and they already told us that it won't be as long as past FF games.
If they really wanted to disguise the amount of content actually in the game they would have avoided answering that kind of questions and be a lot more vague.

Imo they used the doomsclock only because this is the first FF where the flow of time and day/night cycle actually matter, so they probably wanted to use this occasion to give time an important role even in the gameplay.

Also SE said that the testers had problem to finish the "continent main missions" in the time at their disposal and that in some cases it could be frustrating, so they know perfectly well that setting the flow of time in the right way will be a key point for this game.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#54fftspPosted 4/7/2013 12:19:37 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
fftsp posted...

Well they said they want to make the game at least have 100 hours of gameplay (overall not story), which is like 40 hours more than 13-2 (I finished it in 60 hours), so they'd have to have more content than that (just wishfull thinking on my part). I just hope it's not just dumb fetch quests, or if it is, I hope it has a boss battle before you can fetch anything, but only time will tell, you could be right, or I could be, who knows
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#55Sinistrad767Posted 4/10/2013 10:30:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#56j-fielding95Posted 4/10/2013 10:33:08 AM
fftsp posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
fftsp posted...

Well they said they want to make the game at least have 100 hours of gameplay (overall not story), which is like 40 hours more than 13-2 (I finished it in 60 hours), so they'd have to have more content than that (just wishfull thinking on my part). I just hope it's not just dumb fetch quests, or if it is, I hope it has a boss battle before you can fetch anything, but only time will tell, you could be right, or I could be, who knows

Where the heck did they say that? I highly doubt it will even have 50 hours of content. One playthrough will probably take 8 hours, with the option to replay it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s