Spoilers about Lightning's personality in FFXIII to LR

#131j-fielding95Posted 4/9/2013 1:17:43 PM
kupo1705 posted...
CarnageElite posted...
Kupo could be a politician with all the lies an bs he has spewed in this post.

See, this is what I meant.

You could use emergency power to imprison all those that insulted you here.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#132kupo1705Posted 4/9/2013 1:19:37 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
CarnageElite posted...

Behead those who insult me.
#133MalakTawusPosted 4/9/2013 1:20:53 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
That is a good point. Other characters have names like Snow, Fang, Hope. Why is Lightning actually claire?
She should have been lightning to begin with and not have "renamed" herself. I feel they only added that because they thought it was cool to be like "lightning is not her real name, wait for the big mysterious reveal" which wasn't amazing or special and was just guh. I remember reading about that then playing FFXIII and was thinking there was going to be something in it, but nope nothing special about it really.

Since they wanted Light to choose that name herself for a reason, it's obvious that it couldn't be her original name, don't you think?
If it was her parents to give her that name, the meaning would have been completely different.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#134darkphoenix181Posted 4/9/2013 1:21:49 PM
MalakTawus posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
That is a good point. Other characters have names like Snow, Fang, Hope. Why is Lightning actually claire?
She should have been lightning to begin with and not have "renamed" herself. I feel they only added that because they thought it was cool to be like "lightning is not her real name, wait for the big mysterious reveal" which wasn't amazing or special and was just guh. I remember reading about that then playing FFXIII and was thinking there was going to be something in it, but nope nothing special about it really.

Since they wanted Light to choose that name herself for a reason, it's obvious that it couldn't be her original name, don't you think?
If it was her parents to give her that name, the meaning would have been completely different.

I felt the "meaning" of it to be empty and shallow and it was a failed plot device to build up hype for her real name reveal.
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#135j-fielding95Posted 4/9/2013 1:24:28 PM
kupo1705 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
CarnageElite posted...

I don't think Parliament can do that.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#136kupo1705Posted 4/9/2013 1:25:32 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
CarnageElite posted...

I don't think Parliament can do that.

Then it's time for a revolution.
#137gb094Posted 4/9/2013 1:37:53 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

I felt the "meaning" of it to be empty and shallow and it was a failed plot device to build up hype for her real name reveal.

I thought cross-dressed troll space pope Barthandelus was awesome.
---
Official ME of this universe... Why would I be someone else? That's just stupid.
#138kupo1705Posted 4/9/2013 1:40:00 PM
gb094 posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

I thought cross-dressed troll space pope Barthandelus was awesome.

He just said the name once, without emphasizing on it. It was never even mentioned again.
#139MalakTawusPosted 4/9/2013 2:08:16 PM(edited)
darkphoenix181 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...

When Light chose her name she was still just a kid..........and btw Light herself said that it was something a bit stupid to do, so your complaints seem pointless imo.

The fact that Light changed her name as a kid is an indication of how powerless, bitter and guilty she felt.
Like it or not it wouldn't have had the same meaning if Lightning was simply the name chosen by her parents.

The fact that she continued to keep it was also no big deal, i guess she simply became a famous soldier so that basically became like her combat nickname (and it seems she wasn't the only one to use nickname as a soldier).
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#140fistpumplikemePosted 4/9/2013 2:52:45 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
I just think that it's not your place to blow up like this

Neither is it yours.

Elice is ironic.