May we discuss gameplay?

#21Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 4/7/2013 2:31:33 PM
dils-d posted...
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
dils-d posted...
Silly wabbit.

I also kinda wants to know how this "multiple ways of staggering"-thing is going to work. As the Stagger gauge is completely gone, and as she only has that EP ability to heal, all her abilities so far have been pure damage dealers (except for like Guard and Evade).

YUUU silly badger. Also, i dont think the battle system will be something special. Time will tell.

I want answers now.

Be patience.
---
I took my lil sis to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2013 and i had a blast, lol
#22fftspPosted 4/7/2013 8:42:20 PM
The gameplay is one thing I'm truly looking forward, all the info they've already given already makes this feel like a full game, I don't know what else they have to show us except just expand on info they've already given, I'm looking forward to everything but the countdown clock, so far they've stated that adding time to the clock will be easy, I just hope they have things that take time away (treasures and "lightspeed" confirmed to take time away but I want there to be more things to take time off) so it can really be about time management. A cool idea would be to have the option to speed time up and have the items in store lower their prices as time goes. But either way I'm looking forward to it
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#23dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:49:15 PM
I don't think the "spending time"-part will be an issue. From what we've seen so far most any significant action seems to take away time, such as eating in a restaurant (the price was higher the less time spent).

What would suck is if we'd lose time opening like treasure chests or talking to NPCs.
---
People looking like teddy bears are ridiculously attractive
#24fftspPosted 4/8/2013 2:50:57 AM
dils-d posted...
I don't think the "spending time"-part will be an issue. From what we've seen so far most any significant action seems to take away time, such as eating in a restaurant (the price was higher the less time spent).

What would suck is if we'd lose time opening like treasure chests or talking to NPCs.

Well I like the fact that time gets taken away when opening treasure chests, apparently the more powerful the item the more time it takes. And also time will run anywhere and everywhere (including cutscenes, apparantly but could still be changed) except when you're in the menu
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#25dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 6:27:53 AM
fftsp posted...
Well I like the fact that time gets taken away when opening treasure chests, apparently the more powerful the item the more time it takes.

...this can't possibly be true, right?

Gawd, this sounds like one of the worst ideas ever conceived. So what, the player randomly stumbles upon a strong weapon inside a chest and is forced to stand there for a minute while Lightning fights her way through the lock or what?
---
#26TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/8/2013 6:56:05 AM
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...

Well I like the fact that time gets taken away when opening treasure chests, apparently the more powerful the item the more time it takes. And also time will run anywhere and everywhere (including cutscenes, apparantly but could still be changed) except when you're in the menu

Cutscenes taking time is a really stupid idea.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56
#27MalakTawusPosted 4/8/2013 7:13:01 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...

I disagree.
It just appears to be strange, but the truth is that it's completely insignificant.
SE knows very well how much time those cutscenes take, so all they have to do is setting the flow of time taking in consideration also this aspect (with all the other factors to consider), so in the end thinking that cutscenes "waste" time is conceptually quite wrong.
Actually taking in consideration the time spent in cutscenes is probably the most easy factor to consider,lol.
For example,much more complex imo would be to calculate the time spent talking "normally" (not cutscenes) with npcs or time spent to explore the world.
Anyway SE has confirmed nothing yet, they are still working on how to set properly the flow of time, so it wouldn't be surprising if they will decide to "stop time" in certain situations (this would make the setting a lot easier for them since they would have less factors to consider).
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#28TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/8/2013 7:32:58 AM
MalakTawus posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...

I disagree.
It just appears to be strange, but the truth is that it's completely insignificant.
SE knows very well how much time those cutscenes take, so all they have to do is setting the flow of time taking in consideration also this aspect (with all the other factors to consider), so in the end thinking that cutscenes "waste" time is conceptually quite wrong.
Actually taking in consideration the time spent in cutscenes is probably the most easy factor to consider,lol.
For example,much more complex imo would be to calculate the time spent talking "normally" (not cutscenes) with npcs or time spent to explore the world.
Anyway SE has confirmed nothing yet, they are still working on how to set properly the flow of time, so it wouldn't be surprising if they will decide to "stop time" in certain situations (this would make the setting a lot easier for them since they would have less factors to consider).

People would just skip scenes for the extra time, unless they made it take time even if you skipped it.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56
#29dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 7:35:15 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
MalakTawus posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...

I disagree.

People would just skip scenes for the extra time, unless they made it take time even if you skipped it.

If they did not, no one would watch any of them.
---
#30MalakTawusPosted 4/8/2013 7:58:34 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
MalakTawus posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...

I disagree.

If they decide that during cutscenes time continues to flow than thet'll do so that skipping the cutscenes will also cause a skip in time,this is so obvious that it's not even worth mentioning,lol.
Imo you are creating problems where there aren't any......
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."