May we discuss gameplay?

#31Darth_HavokPosted 4/8/2013 8:54:40 AM
Let's hope that it works like the DLC from XIII-2 where you get to do these quests and fail and gain EXP and get to try over and over again until you can do it within the limit & get 5 stars! YAY!

*runs away*
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#32fftspPosted 4/8/2013 9:24:27 AM
MalakTawus posted...
If they decide that during cutscenes time continues to flow than thet'll do so that skipping the cutscenes will also cause a skip in time,this is so obvious that it's not even worth mentioning,lol.
Imo you are creating problems where there aren't any......

But you kinda have to admit if it would be an annoyance if time runs in cutscenes and if 1 hour = 1 day, it would take quite a bit of your time which could have been used to do something else
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#33kupo1705Posted 4/8/2013 9:27:13 AM
If simple things like opening a chest takes away time, that means the game is even shorter than originally thought.
#34fftspPosted 4/8/2013 9:44:21 AM
kupo1705 posted...
If simple things like opening a chest takes away time, that means the game is even shorter than originally thought.

Not really it just means that there is time management in the game, opening treasure chests isn't mandatory
---
#35kupo1705Posted 4/8/2013 9:51:31 AM
fftsp posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Not really it just means that there is time management in the game, opening treasure chests isn't mandatory

It does. There are thirteen days that will last 1-2 hours.
If you do things to decrease that time, the game will be shorter.
#36fftspPosted 4/8/2013 10:01:47 AM
kupo1705 posted...
fftsp posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Well you're single playthrough will be shorter not the game, besides you can still add time and extend you're playthrough. But also my point is, so far the things they say decrease time (besides natural decrease) are optional like chests and lightspeed (which takes off 100 minutes) , so if you don't want to lose extra time you don't have to
---
#37kupo1705Posted 4/8/2013 10:03:47 AM
fftsp posted...
kupo1705 posted...
fftsp posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Well you're single playthrough will be shorter not the game, besides you can still add time and extend you're playthrough. But also my point is, so far the things they say decrease time (besides natural decrease) are optional like chests and lightspeed (which takes off 100 minutes) , so if you don't want to lose extra time you don't have to

I wouldn't exactly call chests optional.
Yes, you don't have to use them, but then you might as well call pretty much everything optional including saving the game.
#38TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/8/2013 10:05:30 AM
Chests taking chunks of time to open is stupid. Just means people will save and reload or look online.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56
#39dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 10:13:26 AM
I predict people going to skip through every cutscene, escape every possible encounter, never open any treasure chests and using guides for bosses until the final dungeon/the possibility of fighting the final boss enters, then backtracks through the entire game to do all the optional stuff.

I really hope they don't make us do this.
---
People looking like teddy bears are ridiculously attractive
#40kirusuPosted 4/8/2013 10:14:26 AM
dils-d posted...
I predict people going to skip through every cutscene, escape every possible encounter, never open any treasure chests and using guides for bosses until the final dungeon/the possibility of fighting the final boss enters, then backtracks through the entire game to do all the optional stuff.

I really hope they don't make us do this.

funny because thats what is going to happen with this game. its going to be lazy.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2O4_pacok