May we discuss gameplay?

#41fftspPosted 4/8/2013 11:17:04 AM
kupo1705 posted...
fftsp posted...
kupo1705 posted...
fftsp posted...
kupo1705 posted...
If simple things like opening a chest takes away time, that means the game is even shorter than originally thought.

Not really it just means that there is time management in the game, opening treasure chests isn't mandatory

It does. There are thirteen days that will last 1-2 hours.
If you do things to decrease that time, the game will be shorter.

Well you're single playthrough will be shorter not the game, besides you can still add time and extend you're playthrough. But also my point is, so far the things they say decrease time (besides natural decrease) are optional like chests and lightspeed (which takes off 100 minutes) , so if you don't want to lose extra time you don't have to

I wouldn't exactly call chests optional.
Yes, you don't have to use them, but then you might as well call pretty much everything optional including saving the game.

Well pretty much everything that doesn't progress the story is optional so yeah technically saving the game is optional but it be annoyance not using or having it, which I'm guessing is you're point. I kinda agree with you, but I don't find a problem with chests taking time away (I'm pretty sure it won't take that much time unless it's some ultimate weapon or something), as long as you can gain time, and this is not definitive but they did say normal battles can add time along with material for item creation, so so far the clock doesn't seem like a nuisance to me, in fact it sound too easy
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#42kupo1705Posted 4/8/2013 11:22:58 AM
fftsp posted...
Well pretty much everything that doesn't progress the story is optional so yeah technically saving the game is optional but it be annoyance not using or having it, which I'm guessing is you're point. I kinda agree with you, but I don't find a problem with chests taking time away (I'm pretty sure it won't take that much time unless it's some ultimate weapon or something), as long as you can gain time, and this is not definitive but they did say normal battles can add time along with material for item creation, so so far the clock doesn't seem like a nuisance to me, in fact it sound too easy

The problem is that the entire game revolves around having to do all sorts of stuff within a time limit. Which isn't really a problem, but if simple things like opening chests is going to decrease that time, there is a problem.
But yes, nothing is definitive yet.
#43dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:24:23 AM
I'm just now beginning to worry how saving is going to work.

What if you save during the final hour, but it turns out you can't get to the final boss in time to actually finish, and your save is ruined forever?
---
People looking like teddy bears are ridiculously attractive
#44kupo1705Posted 4/8/2013 11:25:33 AM
dils-d posted...

What if you save during the final hour, but it turns out you can't get to the final boss in time to actually finish, and your save is ruined forever?

It'll probably take you there automatically.
#45kirusuPosted 4/8/2013 11:28:48 AM
kupo1705 posted...
fftsp posted...

The problem is that the entire game revolves around having to do all sorts of stuff within a time limit. Which isn't really a problem, but if simple things like opening chests is going to decrease that time, there is a problem.
But yes, nothing is definitive yet.

lol probably in this game it would take probably 1 hour, or maybe 3 hours in time to open a treasure chest. now if the missions have a certain time limit, then it becomes a problem. everything about this game involves time, so i see no big reason to play it. if its action based, why should i level up when i can do impossible dodge mechanics. then again thats a question about the boss battles.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2O4_pacok
#46dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:31:10 AM
kupo1705 posted...
dils-d posted...

It'll probably take you there automatically.

Huh. So people will still be doing stupid quests at the final moments of the game?

That seems like a weird transition from helping an old lady across the street to the Fortress of Doom.
---
#47fftspPosted 4/8/2013 11:31:57 AM

Square tells us that if you reach the end of the 13-day countdown without having beaten the game, you may be thrust into the final battle regardless. On the other hand, you may also be able to start over, potentially carrying across skills and materials (the developers have yet to determine the specifics)

www.1up.com/previews/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-first-looks

Still don't know if this still stands, it was said very early on
---
#48dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:33:52 AM
Start over completely? I thought the items/materials carrying over was part of the NG+, not a plan B if you can't finish on time.

This game is a cluster**** of information.
---
#49fftspPosted 4/8/2013 11:38:07 AM
dils-d posted...
Start over completely? I thought the items/materials carrying over was part of the NG+, not a plan B if you can't finish on time.

Wait what did you think would happen if the counter finished?
---
#50j-fielding95Posted 4/8/2013 11:38:16 AM
dils-d posted...

They said you don't loose all your progress, but didn't say you didn't lose anything, so it might be specific items that carry over.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s