May we discuss gameplay?

#51dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 12:21:53 PM
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...
Start over completely? I thought the items/materials carrying over was part of the NG+, not a plan B if you can't finish on time.

This game is a cluster**** of information.

Wait what did you think would happen if the counter finished?

Game Over or final boss fight. Not start over, daymn!
---
People looking like teddy bears are ridiculously attractive
#52fftspPosted 4/8/2013 12:40:26 PM
dils-d posted...
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...
Start over completely? I thought the items/materials carrying over was part of the NG+, not a plan B if you can't finish on time.

Wouldn't game over mean you are starting over anyway? At least if time runs out you get a new game+ so the game wouldn't be as hard as the first time and I'm sure if you finish the game you still get a new game+, I pretty much am guessing they got inspiration from RoTG, where if you lose you start again but even more powerful (my words not theirs)
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#53ZeroBeattPosted 4/8/2013 1:14:14 PM
Do you think they will have post game material in this game? Maybe getting a game over starts a second cycle and you have more things available to you now. I'm going to be honest, the clock thing doesn't sound too fun.
---
---
FFIX>FFVI>FFV>FFXII>FFIV>FFVII>FFIII>FFXI>FFVIII>FFI>FFX>FFII>FFXIII>FFXIV
#54dils-d(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 1:19:23 PM
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...
fftsp posted...
dils-d posted...

Wouldn't game over mean you are starting over anyway? At least if time runs out you get a new game+ so the game wouldn't be as hard as the first time and I'm sure if you finish the game you still get a new game+, I pretty much am guessing they got inspiration from RoTG, where if you lose you start again but even more powerful (my words not theirs)

I guess so. To me it just sounds like I have to repeat everything I just did when I didn't even get to watch the ending, but I guess as long as the save file's not autosaved I could just revert to it.
---
People looking like teddy bears are ridiculously attractive
#55fftspPosted 4/8/2013 1:39:58 PM
dils-d posted...

I guess so. To me it just sounds like I have to repeat everything I just did when I didn't even get to watch the ending, but I guess as long as the save file's not autosaved I could just revert to it.

Well apparantly there are many ways to get to the ending, I'd guess a minimum of 4 for each continent, I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. The good part is that the game doesn't become too repetitive and you can discover new things in each gameplay but bad would be that it doesn't seem to take too much effort to get to the ending, making a single playthrough quite short which in turn would negate the clock from having any impact but it's just a speculation only time will tell
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#56hyro56Posted 4/8/2013 3:14:07 PM
Gameplay doesn't look too bad. The countdown clock still bothers me though. Need a demo. Probably around late summer, early spring.
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#57MysteryVeilPosted 4/8/2013 3:16:42 PM
To be honest the more and more I keep hearing about this game, the more I'm really starting to dislike it. From the sounds of it it is turning into something I'm definitely going to have no interest in.
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#58MalakTawusPosted 4/8/2013 4:23:28 PM
fftsp posted...
MalakTawus posted...
If they decide that during cutscenes time continues to flow than thet'll do so that skipping the cutscenes will also cause a skip in time,this is so obvious that it's not even worth mentioning,lol.
Imo you are creating problems where there aren't any......

But you kinda have to admit if it would be an annoyance if time runs in cutscenes and if 1 hour = 1 day, it would take quite a bit of your time which could have been used to do something else

Well, like i said in other posts, i admit that calibrating in a proper way the flow of time will be a key element for this game, but something tells me that the only way to judge this aspect is playing the game itself.

I say this 'cause even when we'l know how much time in-game will translate in real-time, we still have no idea how the "extension time mechanism" will impact on the final result.

Anyway, to return to what you said, if they decide to let time flow during cutscenes without considering this aspect, it's true that it would be bad like you said, but since they have already confirmed in past interviews that they are fully aware of the problem to calibrate properly the flow of time, i doubt they won't consider something so evident.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#59ExtremeLightPosted 4/8/2013 4:26:00 PM
madapocket posted...
Have I understood it right that Lightning will not gain experience and grow stronger like in XIII or XIII-2?

She will not gain experience in battle but she will still level up. You can't have a RPG without the leveling up.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#60ExtremeLightPosted 4/8/2013 4:33:59 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
To be honest the more and more I keep hearing about this game, the more I'm really starting to dislike it. From the sounds of it it is turning into something I'm definitely going to have no interest in.

I think it a lack of presentation. I would wait till E3 or whenever they actual release real gameplay to make final impression.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.